Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown

Options
Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown? I just bought it but havent tried it yet but was wondering if anybody had successful results from it.

Replies

• lizitivity
    Options
    Bump!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Does it have a free trial?
  • SmooMurd
    Options
    I haven't had weight loss results from the Yoga Meltdown, but I think it definitely helps with toning, particularly in your triceps and shoulders (areas I typically neglect). I did feel more flexible after doing it consistently. That said, it is a CHALLENGE!
  • lizitivity
    Options
    I've just started doing it in the evenings this week. Have done level 1 4 times now. May have a go at level 2 soon. Enjoying it but unsure what sort of results it produces as haven't been doing it long enough.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've worked out twice to it by using Youtube, and maaaaaaan, it's tough! I can absolutely see myself getting stronger by working out like that. I was exhausted by the end, and felt all my muscles working throughout!!
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    That video is HARD. I tried it before and failed miserably. Doctor told me today that I have to do either yoga or Pilates so I tried it again.

NOPE.

My body is soooo stiff and I just am not anywhere near flexible enough to do it. I'm hoping to find a more basic one first and then move up to her video. I'm currently working through her Body Revolution series. Love JM :)
  • ccc2
    ccc2 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I was diligent and did both levels (level 1 in the mornings, level 2 at nights) I lost 5lbs a week, and I have never looked leaner. What's great about this video is she incorporates moves that target your core throughout, so while you feel you are mostly working legs and arms though balance and strength moves, you will see noticeable results in your core. I myself like both yoga that is fast and challenging which motivates me to push harder in my routine, and also yoga that calms my mind. This is more of a bootcamp yoga, not so much spiritual. Saying that, it is still AMAZING for mental health as it forces you to focus on the moves and the more strength you build the better you feel. I would 100% recommend it. To mix it up try going on hulu.com and look for yoga routines or fitsugar.com has great 10 minute videos that really kick some butt. I used to be really stiff but this along with Winsor Pilates videos helped my flexibility a TON. If others on here do not want to pay for it...try finding a torrent!
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i have the level 1 from You Tube (thought i'd try before buying), which i attempted the other day after doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones.....what a mistak'a to mak'a......omg, only got 10mins in and had to switch off lol...it looked good, but i was so pumped from the previous workout i could'nt do it, the holds were too hard lol...im sure on its own though it would a good workout, definitely one i'll try when not in so much agony lol...
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE JM's Yoga Meltdown. I say this after trying it only once (last night was my first attempt), and I am actually excited to get back at it this evening. I have done JM's 30DS and Ri30, which I loved as well, but this workout is paced much better for me personally. I definitely sweat throughout the entire workout, but my heart rate doesn't get quite as high as it did with the Shred and Ripped. My muscles don't feel nearly as sore after completing the yoga as they did with the other videos as well. I definitely will incorporate this DVD into my fitness routine. So excited for 2013!! I am going to mix my JM workouts up daily, rather than doing one workout consecutively for a week. I have 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Yoga Meltdown in my library now. So excited for the variation!!
  • pittiemom3
    pittiemom3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old this post is, but all the Jillian Michaels DVDs, or at least most of them, are on Amazon Prime right now. There are also tons of other videos, including yoga, kickboxing and tai chi. I wish Netflix would bring their fitness section back :(