Breakfast Help Please.

Options
I wake up at 6am for work. Eat breakfast about 7:15. i get to eat lunch at 11:45-12:00. i currently eat a yogurt and piece of fruit, or 1/2 a bagle and a fruit and sparkling water. im looking for better ideas for breakfast that wont kill my day in calories and will keep my tied over till lunch! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• flutterby1228
    flutterby1228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    what about oatmeal? or an omelet (I use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites..and lots of veggies esp. brocolli, mushroom, onion and garlic)....
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is overnight oatmeal-- basically oats, yogurt, milk, fruit, honey, etc. I don't add chia seeds, as I'm not sure I want them, but many people like the added health benefits. This can be mixed up any way, any flavor combination that sounds good to you.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
    http://www.theyummylife.com/8_muesli_flavors
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My current fav is refrigerator oatmeal. 1/2 old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 c almond milk & 1/2 greek yogurt. Mix up and let sit in refrig overnight. In the a.m. I add 1/2 c strawberries or other fruit. Sometimes a half/whole scoop of protein powder and/or 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean with soy milk, as it has 13g of protein, with 15 blueberries, Or I have 4-5 oz of Fage plain greek yorgut, 30 blueberries, and truveia for sweetner, or I have a protein shake. I try to get a good portion of protein in 1st thing.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I had a ham sandwich for breakfast :D

Maybe try not so typical foods for breakfast? I love having soup for breakfast in the fall :)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I usually have Greek Yogurt, a high fiber English muffin, and peanut butter
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Couple of boiled eggs? Lots of protein and keep you full. Boiled some at the start of the week and you're good to go in the morning x
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I woulds say the yogurt and fruit seem good. I probably wouldn't do the bagel as carbs aren't very filling for me. Maybe try and egg or two (prepared however)? Or a protein shake or smoothie? I usually try to keep my meals within a 300 calorie range which leaves a lot to work with plus snacks. You can always have a snack before lunch too if you get hungry. I found that protein and fiber fill me up the best, so I would focus on those if you are concerned about being full until lunch.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Eat high protein at breakfast. It takes your body longer to digest protein than carbs, so if you have 20-30 grams of protein at breakfast you will feel satisfied longer. Add in some fiber like fruit or whole grains and you'll be the energizer bunny until lunch. Skip items like breads and boxed cereals. They will leave you feeling hungry way too soon.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fresh berries and a Tbsp of Flaxseed meal is super filling. Or overnight oatmeal is good. Or almond butter, banana, and whole grain tortilla for running out the door. :happy:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    boiled egg and wheat toast
    oatmeal and blueberries
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast or fruit
  • kgavins25
    Options
    Im from the south, but a pack of butter instant grits, 2 slices of low sodium turkey bacon, and a cup of minute maid oj. all that under 300 cals.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Couple of boiled eggs? Lots of protein and keep you full. Boiled some at the start of the week and you're good to go in the morning x

4+ hours on 150 calories. Hmmm :-/
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I second oats (I don't do the instant oatmeal..try to go for as unprocessed/sugar free as possible) and fruit or oats with brown sugar/walnuts. Omelettes are a plus too with tofu or an assortment of veggies. What about fruit smoothies? Those work for me too. I do 3 cups of spinach, water (or milk) and 2 cups of fruit.
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I love oatmeal :) sometimes I eat it more than once a day if i am running low on cals for the day because I know it will keep me full!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Breakfast casseroles are my fave. Also look up stuff you can fix in a crock pot. :happy:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I like medium/large breakfasts--

2-3 eggs topped with cheese, 100cals worth of carbs (I like wraps, popcorn, or oatmeal), and a cup of coffee with milk or cream. 350-400 calories. I often add another snack to bring me to 500 calories by lunchtime.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Look to protein or fiber. I like fruit with PB (usually a banana), or eggs and veggies.