Breakfast Help Please.

Options

Replies

• fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I also ate greek yogurt and a banana this morning.
  • Emmabethel
    Options
    Usually for breakfast I love to throw in some frozen bell pepper, or spinach in a bowl, for about 2 minutes in the microwave. Drain it, then add three to four servings of better than eggs then put it back in the microwave for two to three minutes. I drink that with my glass of fat free milk. The calories are a little dense in the morning. But it gives me my veggies in the morning, as well as good protein and helps me stay full. I take about thirty grams of protein in the morning to help me stay full. And with the bellpepper, its a good way for me to try to eat more veggies... I really don't like veggies. Another thing is the Fitness Guru, Tony Horton, in his book he says he has soup for breakfast. I don't know if I love soup that much. But its what ever gets you going. :blushing:
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I do oatmwal with raisins and raisin bran cereal with skim milk and they both tide me over till lunch
  • lisasmith469
    Options
    I have this problem also, I am allergic to most fruits so I cant do the fruit yogurt peanut butter so I am stuck with the oatmeal and eggs, which get boring after awhile. I cant eat beef, seafood, citrus, either. So some extra advice would help. Oh yea no pork either.
  • kwoodson94
    Options
    I have to give my two cents for overnight or sometimes called refrigerator oatmeal!!! It is the best and gives you a satisfied feeling for a long time. If you like oatmeal at all, this is the way to go. My fav is Chocolate/banana and sometimes I add a spoon of peanut butter.
  • melissaga79
    melissaga79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like having an egg white sandwich on whole wheat 45 calorie toast...you can even make it the night before and then just heat in the microwave at work.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Eggs usually always keep me full. I'll usually do an egg and ham on an english muffin. That'll keep me full until the afternoon. Or peanut butter on an english muffin or toast and fruit. Something with protein will help you stay full till lunch.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like the refrigerator oatmeal. I use 1/4 c. oats, 1/4 c. 2% milk, 1/4 c. greek-style yogurt, 1.5 tsp. chia seeds and add fruit.

You'd be surprised how filling it is. I only started adding the chia seeds a few days ago and it makes a huge difference in terms of feeling full.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I cook up Isernio's chicken breakfast sausage and keep the crumbles in the freezer. I use about 1 oz and cook them with about a half cup of egg whites. Then I toast a Orowheat 100 calorie multi-grain sandwich round and put the egg white mixture in it. It makes a yummy 200 calorie breakfast sandwich. You can cook the eggwhite/sausage the night before, then make the sandwich in the morning and heat it in the microwave instead of toasting the bread. This breakfast lasts me until lunch time because it's packed with protein.
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also, I am allergic to most fruits so I cant do the fruit yogurt peanut butter so I am stuck with the oatmeal and eggs, which get boring after awhile. I cant eat beef, seafood, citrus, either. So some extra advice would help. Oh yea no pork either.

How about a small ground turkey patty & some berries? I just use ground Turkey and mix in some light seasoning. On Sundays, I usually pre-cook the patties, so they're ready to take during the week. The patties are hearty, and then I get the sweet from the berries.
  • tracyannekelly
    Options
    try the Hungry jack wheat blend pancakes (3 4"=150 cal) make a big batch on the weekend, then freese for several breakfast during the week. add Banquet Lite brown and servie (3= 110 cal), a quarter slice of cantelope (25 cal) and a cup of coffee and cream (20 cal) total 305 calories, keeps you good until about 11 am,
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is bowl of oatmeal, 1 egg, with 2 egg whites, and coffee :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've been doing coffee, muesli, fresh fruit, and yoghurt (1/4 cup each) or a scrambled egg and fruit and coffee.

The bagel will use a lot of calories and isn't that nutritious and has a ton of salt.

My mom used to give us an 'eggnog' of milk, egg, vanilla or banana or instant coffee, ice, and a spoonful of sugar from the blender as we ran out the door. Wicked filling. If you don't eat raw eggs, you can use eggbeaters, which are pasteurized.

Leftovers from the night before are always nutrious. I used to mix legumes and yoghurt with raisins or dried fruit and nuts.
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i just looked at the refrigerator oatmeal. im so excited for it!!! =]
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have a slice of low cal toast and 2 slices of low cal bacon most mornings yummmmmmy 150 cals:drinker:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Eggs or egg whites (according to your preference) with some veggies, cheese, meat, etc. mixed in. Less than 2 minutes in the microwave. If you want some carbs with it, put the eggs on a piece of whole wheat bread. Quick and easy.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Couple of boiled eggs? Lots of protein and keep you full. Boiled some at the start of the week and you're good to go in the morning x

4+ hours on 150 calories. Hmmm :-/

Works for me, everyday and I'm just about to hit the 60lbs mark :)
  • lisasmith469
    Options
    :smile:
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Eggs with veggies! You can make a wrap with a light or high fiber tortilla the night before and then warm it up!
  • lisasmith469
    Options
    Thanks I do eat the ground turkey, but I didnt think about the berries. I will try and see if I can tolerate them. They might break my mouth out also.