Need some friends who know the struggle

Options
Cause i am struggling right now.

I am in my second week of insanity which i do at nights and in the morning i do either hiphop abs,tapout xt or turbo jam.

Now i had a really unhealthy lifestyle, smoking tabacco and weed every day, drinking a bottle of whiskey 3times in a week and i had a great time but all that drinking and bad eating got me overweight.

So on august 6th i quitted everything cold turkey, started working out and eating clean but i am having a hard time sometimes to keep motivated. Like, this morning i finished my tapout workout, sweating as crazy as usual, looked in the mirror and seeing that fat i get the urge to think, pfff **** this ****. Do you know that feeling?

I know it isnt realistic to see changes in the second week but for some reason i still got demotivated. Its late evening here and it is insanity time (plyo ughhh) but i am not looking forward to it at all :(

(sorry for the writing, i'am Dutch :) )

Replies

• kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Its all good bro. Sometimes getting demotivated happens. However, if you continue to get on MFP, you will have so many people to help motivate you it won't even be funny. Soon, Demotivation will fall off your vocabulary list and you'll want to work out continuously! Keep up the great work. You've already made a huge change, now stick with it!
  • Mima79
    Mima79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    first good job quitting !! that was a huge step!!! for some lucky reason you guys lose weight faster than us my advise drink a lot of water that will help soooo much lossing weight and inches

if you need a push! try to go to a doctor who can help to speed up your process.

my metabolism is really slow like really slow I can do diet but my body doesnt burn plus I was a couch potato it so I decide go to the doctor and i have a natural metabolic enhancer and finally i saw result im down 10 but all I need was a lil push to keep me motivated!!!!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    keep pushing bro, the results will come. break out your tape measure and record your measurements in a journal cuz its hard to see the results when you look in the mirror every day but you will see results with a tape measure every couple of weeks
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I read this in my peripheral vision as 'Need some friends who know the snuggle.'
  • sharon_rn
    Options
    I was working out religiously for like 6 weeks every day...then I just stopped for about a month. Put back on 5 of the 22 I had dropped. grrrr I thought wow what the heck? But it has just been in the past week I am back to working out. (twice a day) Just know you are not alone. Plus remember all the stuff you gave up is poison....but your body still wants it.....or your brain thinks it does. You are doing yourself a HUGE favor. Keep going! If you need another cheerleader....add me :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I know your struggle, even after my weight loss.... I can tell you if you stick to it, and start to try to have more positive self talk you will get there.. You will!!! After 84lbs loss I still look in the mirror and have my moments of negativity but I remind myself about my journey and how far I have come. I'd be lying to say it's always positive but that's human nature, we all struggle.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratz on quitting everything cold turkey!! I have lost 40lbs and it is hard for me to see the weight loss sometimes.. (It doesnt help I have another 100 or so to go but yea) Motivation is all around you I am sure and just come on here and feel free to type out what you need to stay motivated!! Look up photos and hang them around the house :).. Like they said take measurements..
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You got this man. It certainly isn't easy, but nothing worth having is. I have been on my "journey" for about 9 months now and I still have a ways to go, but looking back the changes in my life have been incredible! I know what it is like to want to just quit and give up and go back to old habbits, but trust me man, you don't really want that. Just keep up with your routine, don’t make excuses and don’t make mistakes (but if you do make a mistake, know it isn’t the end of the world). I like to remind myself every day of a quote by Winston Churchill, "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts." Make it count man, you CAN do it.
  • fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a struggle, but one that you can overcome, just don't quit!
  • hockeymama1963
    hockeymama1963 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cause i am struggling right now.

I am in my second week of insanity which i do at nights and in the morning i do either hiphop abs,tapout xt or turbo jam.

Now i had a really unhealthy lifestyle, smoking tabacco and weed every day, drinking a bottle of whiskey 3times in a week and i had a great time but all that drinking and bad eating got me overweight.

So on august 6th i quitted everything cold turkey, started working out and eating clean but i am having a hard time sometimes to keep motivated. Like, this morning i finished my tapout workout, sweating as crazy as usual, looked in the mirror and seeing that fat i get the urge to think, pfff **** this ****. Do you know that feeling?

I know it isnt realistic to see changes in the second week but for some reason i still got demotivated. Its late evening here and it is insanity time (plyo ughhh) but i am not looking forward to it at all :(

(sorry for the writing, i'am Dutch :) )

Okay kiddo Here goes!

First: Congratulations on getting your head back on straight! That garbage will kill you

second: Don't you dare qiut MFP and getting your life in order.

third: you are loved and don't let anyone take that away from you. ALL of us at MFP are here to get you through with encouragement and comaraderie and love.

Keep up the good work and you WILL begin to feel better and more motivated sweetie. It took you awhile to get to the point of knowing you needed to change now it is going to take some time to get back to feeling gooid and looking good.

LET MAMA ANGELA BE THERE TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!
  • gogoganja
    Options
    The munchies are the worse. I'm proud of you from stopping everything, I think that's great. Whiskey's got a fair amount of sugar in it, depending on the brand. Don't give up. Some of what is happening right now is the fat loss balancing with the muscle gain. I bet if someone stumbled into you right now you'd be a hell of a lot harder to knock over! The other thing is, as much as workouts are great - make sure you're incorporating your efforts into everything you do. I don't just get up off the couch, I tighten my core, and pull myself up, I'm a nanny so I spend a lot of the day helping a 7 year old find the remote to something - lunges, perfect for that ****. It might make a bit more of a difference. You're doing a great thing. Stick to it!
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I hate working out and I have to really push myself to do it. I have to talk myself through the struggle a lot of the times. Other thing is changing it up a little...I started taking classes for some things and I've tried to vary the videos I do. I 2nd whoever said to keep coming back to MFP....it's a great motivating tool. I find the success stories inspiring and the support of friends helps boost my efforts as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

Alle beste!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Really! Just finished my insanity workout and although i finished it 20 min ago i am still sweating :)

It's good to read the positivity here cause in real life there isnt's much.

The thing is, i have been homeless on and off for the past 13 years and only since the past 6 months or so i am starting to climb out of that dark layer of society. I got myself some help and a room, getting a new job and quitted all the bad habits. But i don't have any family that i see, all the friends from back in the days are gone and the people i chilled with last couple years don't want to hang out anymore cause i stopped smoking and drinking.

So i am kinda alone, and not that i can't deal with it but it is hard to stay motivated so you guys comments are really something ;)

Thanks
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Ow and thank you guys for the pm's and friend invitations :flowerforyou:
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    I just want to say I really think you're amazing. Please don't give up because I really want to hear your success story. Not just in weight loss, but life!
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    :noway: no quitting
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    I wont and that is really sweet of you to say.

I was even homeless in your country for almost a year (long story lol) i ended up with a organisation called frontsteps in Austin Tx and slept when there was a spot in their building called the arch.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Your inspirational! I've never been homeless, but I've had a ****ty life myself. I won't go into details about my past. My only real support outside of MFP is my awesome husband! My mom thinks I spend too much time exercising and not enough time with my man. My dad thinks I'm not losing weight fast enough (he's retired military and has always been in shape) my brother calls me fatty and says I'll always be overweight no matter what I do, and my best friend(who has always been heavier than me) is so insanely jealous of my weight loss she wants nothing to do with me anymore. It can get very depressing at times, but ya just gotta press though. Your doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Dude, keep it up, no giving up now. Insanity is insane, but you /will/ see the result :3

You got dem balls of steele clearly. Quiting everything in one day like that.

Sir, you're an inspiration, esspecialy to me, cos by christ I need to quit smoking all together, one gives munches (bad, bad badbad) and the other kills me slowly.

Be strong!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Nice to hear that it is a inspiration to some cause i dont look at it like that at all.

@punkyrachel, i am sorry to hear that people that are close to you acting like such idiots but i know the feeling. I haven't seen my dad for 31 yrs and my mom and stephdad for 11 years but when i was growing up those last two would also ***** about everything, nothing was good enough, while those are the people who should always support you. At one point in my life it was like, either you support me or you can go **** yourselfs and it became the last option.

Don't listen to negative people, they obviously have something in their own life that isn't good and now they are reflecting it on you to make themselves better.

So keep ya head up, **** the negative people and keep going :flowerforyou:

@Tatiyanya, Thanks :smile: Stop smoking too, it is only the first week that is really tough, find something to keep you busy, eat a piece of fruit when you craving, it has been 10 days now without smoking and the urges are getting less and less. Also my stamina has improved greatly compared to the first couple days of insanity.

Here comes a cliche saying, if i can do it, you sure can :) and i didnt smoke sigares but i dont know how they call it over there, over here we call it heavy shag, its heavy tobacco in a package that you roll yourself in a paper, and did that 16 yrs :)