Any ideas for a classy elopement dress????

Options
Boyfriend and I are eloping in December ( no engagement ring too expensive and we dont have that kind of money just laying around lol) Where does one go to look for dresses? I dont want a wedding dress I want something different. Something classy like knee length, maybe a bridesmaid dress??? Something not expensive, Ideas??? Its my 2nd marriage and his 3rd marriage..

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    You don't look old enough to have been married already! Ebay? Some great dresses from hong kong in the bridal and prom sections
  • lilybear84
    Options
    You don't look old enough to have been married already! Ebay? Some great dresses from hong kong in the bridal and prom sections

Aww thank you, ill be 28 next month, my first marriage was in 2006 and got divorced 9 months later.. Clearly was a bad choice
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Fashion Bug. It was a white dress with a corset style back and a train on each side. It was a prom dress but was able to pass for a wedding dress and it was only $99
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What's your budget?

WE were looking at dresses this weekend, and quite often there are bridesmaids dresses suitable.
    I'm actually jealous you are eloping.
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same sort of thing too - we are going to punta cana in January to have our wedding, but we are secretly going to the courthouse next week and tying the knot - and I have NO IDEA what to wear!!

I'm looking for a classy pencil dress or something of that sort... something simple that in 5 years i'm not going to think, ugh why did i wear that?!

Good luck!!
  • rachgolds
    Options
    BCBG...hands down...congratulations!
  • LoraleiDean
    Options
    You should check out your local Consignment shops. They have beautiful, barely-worn clothing that are a fraction of the original sticker price. You can ususally find designer names, as well!
    Good luck!
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Etsy.com

I love that you can get custom stuff from artist on there. Prices range from inexpensive to hella expensive, so something for all.
  • lilybear84
    Options
    What's your budget?

WE were looking at dresses this weekend, and quite often there are bridesmaids dresses suitable.
    I'm actually jealous you are eloping.

something less and 150 would be amazing.. We are not eloping at the courthouse instead im searching the internet for places that do elopements, I have found the cheapest to be 350 and the one I want cost 540 dollars which includes a cake, bouquet, vows and a champagne toast.. Its up by the mountains..
  • lilybear84
    Options
    You guys have some great ideas, im getting excited now, oh and we are going to find some cheap wedding bands and exchange those, When we do have the money to get fancy rings that will be years from now.. Fiance wants to wait till we have money and do it right, i told him that could take years with our financial situation