How long did it take for people to notice?

Options
Your weight loss I mean?
Don't get me wrong I'm doing this for me, It's just always nice to have confirmation that what you are working so hard at is working.
So, how much did you lose before people started to take notice?
:)

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a dramatic immediate weight loss -- it took 4 1/2 months to lose 25 lbs which went unnoticed at work up until yesterday. I am 2 sizes smaller & 8lbs away from goal weight. My family (my parents, siblings, aunts/uncles etc.) has not noticed or said anything at all yet.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I lost verrrrry slowly -- it took 4 1/2 months (25 lbs) for people at work to notice. I am 2 sizes smaller & 8lbs away from goal weight. My family (my parents, siblings, aunts/uncles etc.) has yet to notice at all.

Good job on your loss!

I have only dropped 10 pounds, so I'm not expecting people to notice just yet.
    So far no one has, so no surprises.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I lost between 15-20 when people started to notice. People can sometimes be hesitant to say something so keep that in mine too.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I lost between 15-20 when people started to notice. People can sometimes be hesitant to say something so keep that in mine too.

Yes I know :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything from anybody except for family that knows I'm actively losing weight so they're just being encouraging.

I see a huge difference though physically so I think it's funny I haven't heard anything from anybody else yet. It'll probably be once I get some new clothes that aren't mostly falling off of me, lol
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I wasnt really that big to begin with, so after I lost like 5 pounds people started to notice.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    the only people who ever notice for me is my boyfriends grandfather and my really good friend who is doing this with me. It gets a little discouraging after awhile but sometimes I feel like maybe people are hesitant to tell me, or they just can't notice because I've only lost 20 lbs so far. I can tell though so thats all the matters to me
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My closest friends have told me that they have noticed my waistline is a little slimmer, and that I have more energy than I used to have. But no one else has noticed yet.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much you have to lose. A 10-pound loss is barely noticeable on someone who is 280 lbs., but on a person who is 140 lbs. the difference is quite marked. It also depends on the type of clothes you wear, if you are in tight things all the time the weight loss will be easier to see but if you wear things slightly looser (like most of us do), you won't see it as much until the clothes are about to fall off you. As a person who has over 100 pounds to lose, I've lost a little over 30 and a few people have just started to comment. But it's mostly, "Something's different. Did you cut your hair?" LOL.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    10 lbs. I started at 218 but I can even see the difference in my face and I've dropped sizes from 18 to 14. Of course I was actually telling people that I was watching what I was eating.
  • thetipster99
    Options
    No one noticed till I lost 25 lbs
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was 292.5 when I started and people started noticing after the first 30-40 pounds had come off. I guess as a general rule of thumb it will be a lot more noticeable when you don't have that much to lose.
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    I lost about 20 pounds before anyone really said anything. I'm in the Air Force and my Chief mentioned that it looks like my uniform was too big...lol... But then I fell off the wagon, and gained it all back. Dang it doesn't take long does it...lol
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    For me it was the 15 pound mark, or 3 1/2 months, or 6% body fat lost. That's when my SO started calling me "thin girl" :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i've lost almost 30 and my mom said my jeans were baggy.. but my jeans are always baggy. skinny jeans just look dumb on fatties.. so i get flares.

before that she said i'm losing a lot slower this time, which is true. i cheat too much,
  • fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm down 33 pounds and ppl only seem to have notice once i have mentioned it. and i do mention it!!! it helps motivate me to broadcast my success (well not really broad cast but talk about my calorie goals on a daily basis because it is now so much a part of my daily life.) The worst was my little brother who wastrying supportive in his own way, who commented that he had not seen me run/jog/hustle in years. now i do it just to my car.
  • HYBRIDXXX
    Options
    WELL I DNT KNOW ABT WEIGHT LOSS BT BULKING UP IS MY THING BCZ OF MUSCLE GAIN. I HV 2 EAT AT A CALORIE SURPLUS TO GAIN WEIGHT & LIFT HEAVY. AROUND FEBRUARY I WILL CUT BT FA NOW IMA ENJOY DIS GAIN
  • hollietkac
    hollietkac Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's really most important for YOU to notice because other people can be lame & might just avoid saying something even if they do notice.
  • sava624
    sava624 Posts: 19
    Options
    i am one of the sad ones it took 3 years to notice.........yep...but I would say that if your wearing your clothes that must be too big now that you hide all your good work...well done and keep going...it will be so worth it!
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how big you are when you start. But I read that usually it takes about 30 pounds before people will begin to notice. I've lost twenty and I can tell a difference in myself but no one else has really said anything yet.