argh zumba pants...HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am saving the $ for the zumba "gear" for when I have lost the weight I want to lose and am doing it more for fun and maintenance. That was a GREAT point and well taken! :)
    I found some really cute clearance workout pants at JCPENNEY and also a really really cute pair at Old Navy (so thank you ALL for the recommendations)!!!!

ps on a "lighter" note...got on the scale today and am 2 lbs down from last week! WOOOOOT!!!
  • blixgirl7
    blixgirl7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glad you found some that work!! I agree with you on saving your money til you've lost the weight!! Then you will look super cute in all the new clothes!!!

And congrats on losing the 2 lbs!!! =) Keep it up!!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    There are at least 50 people in my zumba class and including the instructor, I've never seen any of them wear the "zumba" pants. Most wear shorts or regular exercise/yoga pants.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've found for Zumba is the fitted Danskin Now performance capris. They are $12 from your local Wal-Mart and come down just past my knee. I also love the stretchy Danskin tanks ($5 each) and tees ($7 each). My capris are black, and the tops I pretty much bought one in every color!! :) This is all I wear for Zumba and it works perfectly. Cool, comfortable, non-restrictive for movement, wicks the sweat away, and looks great. I'm still 192 lbs, but I always feel my leanest and sexiest in my Zumba clothes! :wink:

Like other posters have mentioned, no one in the classes I attend wear actual Zumba-branded clothing, except the instructors.

Also, you want to lose weight and slim down, right? I know I do! No way would I pay $65 for pants that hopefully won't fit for very long. In my opinion, save your money for SHOES. The right shoes are essential for Zumba, and they will still fit even after you've lost weight. :smile:

I love these pants too!!! And yes, Save the $$ for shoes!!! I just bought some new ones today!! That's wear you want to spend the $$
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    In the classes I have been too. It is rare to find anyone in real zumba clothes.

Most are in capri yoga pants, shorts and even a few in sweats (I'd get too hot in full sweats).
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 153 lbs and had to return the XL zumba cargo pants because they were too big. My hip circumference was 40 inches at the time.

Edited to say: the women in my class like to show off, I guess - lots of them wear zumba clothes! Also my instructor occasionally gives out prizes, so I've got one of those t-shirts too. But really, the majority of my workout outfits come from JCPenney and don't cost more than $20 apiece.

My only advice would be - get pants that have a drawstring at the waist (which Zumba cargo pants do not). After you lose weight and they start falling off you during jumping jacks, you at least have the option to make the pants tighter!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I wear regular exercise clothes with leggins that go just below my knees.