broke my hand, but not giving up!

Options
I still managed to fill out + complete my food diary today, even though I can only type with one hand. Didn't quite hit my calorie goal, but I'm proud of myself for making the effort. I just had surgery a few days ago, but I refuse to give up on my goals.

Replies

• augustbells
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your hand. You should most definitely be proud of yourself! And be gentle about the calorie goal, as long as you keep trying, that's what matters!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.! It's really important to me that I stay focused, and the support of others really helps.
  • kabailz13
    kabailz13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    good on you!

Please remember that healing bones require energy :) My hubby broke his femur mid last year and he ate like a horse and lost weight still!!
  • augustbells
    Options
    good on you!

Please remember that healing bones require energy :) My hubby broke his femur mid last year and he ate like a horse and lost weight still!!

Same thing happened to me. I broke my ankle and dislocated my knee and I was laid up for 3 months. All I did was eat and eat, but I still lost weight. At least there's one good thing to come out of breaking a bone! lol.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I still managed to fill out + complete my food diary today, even though I can only type with one hand. Didn't quite hit my calorie goal, but I'm proud of myself for making the effort. I just had surgery a few days ago, but I refuse to give up on my goals.

That is the spirit!!! "where the mind goes the body will follow"
  • jennkohler
    Options
    I hope your hand heals soon. I know how it is to have an injury and still try to focus on eating and exercising, just do what you can and everything will work out.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thank You everyone! I feel a huge boost from all the cheering on.

My biggest challenge now is trying to find a workout that works for me, and that doesn't get my splint wet or sweaty. I was all set to go on a nice long walk to the park yesterday, but it was raining. I was dissapointed. So, today I am going to do yoga and try for a walk again if we have a clear stretch.:smile:

I get my new splint on Monday and I hope I can move around easier. This thing is akward, but I'm making it work.

Never take your hands for granted!! :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!