Milk.

Options
I can't believe how many calories I used to consume because of milk alone. Before I started dieting I used to drink about 4-5 cups of milk each day. Whole milk. PLUS the milk I used to put in the 2-3 cups of coffee i'd drink a day. That's nearly 600 calories from milk alone(not even including the milk I use in cereal and tea)! I hate that I have to cut down on that because milk is definitely one of the things I can't live without. I've resorted to Fat free milk and limited myself to one cup a day.

Changes you've been forced to make to your diet? (Let's try to stick to the non-obvious things, haha. We all know we generally cut down on the sweets, starches and such.)

Replies

• justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'll second the milk, I used to drink a couple of of fat fee every day, but that is a lot of sugar and calories!
  • awatscw08
    Options
    Almond milk is a really good milk substitute too! It taste different on its own but I think it actually makes for a better addition to cereal and coffee. It's less calories and actually has more calcium but remember that when it comes to beverages the main thing you should be consuming should be water. Anything else really should be limited to one serving a day. Even healthy drinks are only good in moderation! :)
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Milk is high in protein, vitamins/minerals and has good fat... Don't cut it out completely, it's a super food!
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to go through a gallon in 2-3 days. I tried almond milk but I can't give up my milk, so I drink a cup a day now :)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any liquid calories can derail your entire meal plan, if you aren't VERY careful.