Options

Replies

• augustbells
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Vancouver, BC. It's nice to see other Canadians on here! :smile:
  • lovesitbiatch
    Options
    I am living in Fort McMurray, AB right now, but I'm originally from Spencerville, Ontario about an hour or so from Debbie in Kingston! I love this site, I think it's amazing to see other people's progress and successes.

92822.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PrincessChubbyBunny
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am from Edmonton, Alberta!!

Caralee

:smile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm from London, Ontario. I too have an elliptical at home that I use and I just joined a Kickboxing class at a Karate club, I also have dvds and Wii fitness games to keep me going. I like a lot of options :bigsmile:
    I have been on this site since April and it has helped me change my thoughts on food and made me more aware of what I put in my mouth! Good luck!
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey Im another Canadian. Im from london Ontario. Nice to see some more of us, lol
  • tom5avenue
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm from Montreal too! :)
    have a good day
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

It is so nice to read this thread from my fellow Canadian friends.

I enjoyed reading your posts on this thread. I have to say that a couple of your posts did make me go, "hmmm...."

suef - you mentioned the stationary bike in your post because you enjoyed cycling last summer.

jb_sweet_99 - you said "you like options", for your workouts.

It's interesting because I've been thinking about what I really want my workout routine to be. I want structure but I want variety too. So I've been mulling this over in my mind.

I have to admit that I wasn't even considering the bike at all (I do have one) because I get bored. But now I'm thinking about next summer. I have been wanting to get back into cycling but just have done it. This is great inspiration to challenge myself on distance and stamina. So thanks a lot suef for your post.

jb_sweet_99 - thank you for getting me to think again about variety in my routine. I think for my cardio I will switch it up between the cycling, the treadmill and of course going outside in the fresh air to do any kind of outdoor activity. I also have snowshoes, I should take advantage of that.

For the strength routine, I am thinking of trying Jillian Michaels "Shred" DVD again. That DVD is brutal but maybe if I just do what I can and gradually build up my strength.

I would really love to hear other peoples ideas on workouts and I would love to hear what you do for a workout.

Have a happy and healthy day everyone!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would really love to hear other peoples ideas on workouts and I would love to hear what you do for a workout.

I think the key to working out is variety otherwise you get bored and your body will hit a plateau. I have a gym membership at Goodlife and I take advantage of their group classes - my favorites being RPM (spinning), Pump and Attack. For those that don't have a gym membership i strongly suggest buying/renting exercise DVD's. Both of these options will keep you on your toes.
  • suef
    suef Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Debbie

Glad to hear you are going to use your bike.

I finally got a bike and my husband put it together for me tonight. Just finished my workout and my legs are burning and it feels great. Tomorrow I will do the 30 day shred, without the jumping as it hurts my foot. So the two activities plus walking the dogs and shovelling the driveway ( I offered to do it this winter for the calorie burn!) should help me lose weight and just have to keep up with my food diary and weighing my foods.
  • Barbina37
    Barbina37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I live in Beamsville, ON and I joined this on and off for about a year now!!!! I finally quit smoking about 7 months ago and of course ate A LOT to compinsate for this, now its time to get healthy and back to my "Happy" weight!! Its so nice to see so many Canadians on here!!! Now I just have to get motivated and more energy to go back to the gym. I stopped and bought lots of healthy groceries and a Multi-Vitamin so now I have no excuses. Going to have to work on my lungs, I want to suprise my boyfriend and get my running back up so when the nice weather comes I can join him on his runs. 1 day at a time and no getting weak........My Motto!!!!
  • erig
    erig Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi There! I'm new to this too and I'm from Vancouver. Good luck to you!!
  • YYc_Shar
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am Calgary. This is a great site..... as long as you use it. I was on here last June & it really helped... then life happened. I have gained what I lost previosly plus 1. So I am back at it. Good luck everyone
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's great to see more Canadians posting on this thread.

Well today, I braced myself and put on the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd. Wow! She sure packs a lot of workout in those 20 minutes. I started off with Level 1, sadly, I am out of shape as several times I had to stop and take a breather. So my challenge to myself is to keep up with doing this dvd and get to the point that I don't stop for the breather. I have to say though that after I was done, I really felt good about doing the workout.

tonight when I come home from work I am really going to try and either go for a 1/2 hour walk outside or a 1/2 walk on the treadmill. I think the real secret it to simply keep moving no matter what. Whether it's doing dishes, lugging baskets of laundry up and down the stairs, it all adds up, right?

So here's to a new day with new opportunities.

Have a healthy and happy day all my Canadian workout buddies!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am from Halifax, NS! Nice to see so many Canadians on the board.
  • jakstamp
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)

I am from Newfoundland! It's great to see so many Canadians on here ... we can all whine about the cold together! LOL

Actually we are having a pretty warm winter so far but I am still working out at the gym ... Lots of snow here so getting outside for a workout can be tough.

In terms of workouts, I am currently hopping on the treadmill a few times a week and also just started a 12 week strenth training program to tone up too. It's called the '12-Week Workout Program To Gain Sexy Muscle And Curves' program and it comes from the 'Female training bible'.

I have also tried the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and it was BRUTAL! lol
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    There are tons of us here! I'm in Mississauga, Ontario
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My workouts have been at the gym lately too, there is too much ice to get out for a walk and it's a little on the chilly side! I want to try 30 day shred, but I'm scared! I do the treadmill, eliptical, and bike, just cardio for now.
  • teahsmama
    teahsmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am born and raised in Canada but on the west coast, in Victoria, B.C. I moved to Michigan U.S.A ten years ago. I still am a Canadian and not a US citizen.
  • jakstamp
    Options
    My workouts have been at the gym lately too, there is too much ice to get out for a walk and it's a little on the chilly side! I want to try 30 day shred, but I'm scared! I do the treadmill, eliptical, and bike, just cardio for now.

Catherine ... the 30 day shred is tough and once I thought I had a handle on level 1 I moved onto Level 2 ... only to have my butt kicked so I went running back to level 1! HAHA

I hope you have better success !
  • LisaNBorchers
    Options
    New here too...I am from Edmonton, AB.
    This site looks like it's going to be very helpful in journey.:smile: