20yrs old, wanting to lose 20-25lbs

Options
I am new to this site and need some overall advice on fitness and nutrition. I'm 20 years old, and 150lbs at 5'4". My ideal weight would be 125 but I know that if I'm building muscle that I may not get to that. I just want to slim down and tone up. I work 50+ hours a week and find it hard to find time to get to the gym. Any at home workouts that get good results?

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    insanity. -- or other beachbody workout routines.
    a lot of people like the 30 day shred.

or the good old fashioned go out and run/walk.
    I know how it goes as I frequently work 50 and 60 hour weeks; you just sort of have to force yourself to do it.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know how you feel. I'm 21 in a few days so maybe good for support?
    I'm doing the 30 day shred. It's amazing, just started level two but you can see a difference in the first few days. I recommend it, it's only 20 mins. there are discussions of it on the fitness topics!

Good luck!

Steph
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know how you feel! Only work a 40 hour week, but I find after working out 4-5 times a week and painstakingly preparing nearly every meal I eat... I have no time for myself! But I am losing weight and inches, and gaining fitness and confidence. Loving my new life! I agree though, you kinda. Have to make yourself do it. stay focused and keep at it, good luck!
  • bemyownfitspo
    Options
    I have the same profile as you. 20 y-o, started out at 149.5 !
    I have lost 15 lbs (and still going!) in about 70 days.
    What I did was count calories with the help of MFP (1200 a day or more if exercise) and I am in the process of doing the Insanity workout (just started month 2)
    When I started, I was doing about 40 minutes of stationary bike, 4-5 times a week
    So really, counting calories and just doing any kind of exercise will get you where you want to be (in my opinion)!
  • amandalightfoot
    Options
    Hey all! I've read a lot about the 30 day shred so I'll start that! It seems like its perfect since its a lot of workout in a short period of time! I'm planning on getting married this year or early next year so I really want to stick to this so I don't think about how I could have been in better shape when I'm trying on wedding dresses haha!
    So looks likes I'll be doing 30 day shred and I just want to watch my activity levels overall. Instead of watching tv I want to be more conscious about getting out and getting moving!