Plateauting :/

Options
So when I first started this I lost weight very fast, it was something like 20 pounds in two months. I was really excited and I knew I just had to keep it up and dont stop trying my hardest.

Since then, I haven't really lost any more weight. The lowest I got to was 150. And now, daily, I bounce in between 153 and 151.

I don't know what to do from here and would like alittle help. So please, just any recomendations or motivation?

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably going through an adjustment phase. Are you still losing inches? I've been at the same weight for 2 months but still lost another dress size.

I did this same plateau thing last year but stuck to my good nutrition plan and changed up my exercise routine and it finally broke.

I still am not losing weight as fast as I did at first but it is steady. And like I said - I'm continuing to lose inches. So now, after 18 months I am down 50 lbs!

Stay with it! :drinker:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Ugh, same here! I have lost 48 pounds and am STUCK! I am so sick of it. I just want these last pesky pounds gone :sad:
  • bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So true for me too! I lost 25 pounds total, am now almost through Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and have lost inches but no pounds! I know its all good but it would be nice to see the scale move.

I'm trying to mix up things that I eat and add different exercises to my workouts!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was in 3 month plateau, you have to change up your exercize routine and possibly how you eat as well. To OP you lost a LOT in short time, your body may need a bit to just readjust. Give it some time it will still come off if you dont give up and dont stop. You have to keep pushing to see results. The closer you get to goal the harder it is to take off so for most the last 10 feel nearly impossible or take a LOT of work. So kudos to those who are that close or closer (Bailey : ))
    Try some new things and see if that wont kick you our of your slump : )
  • tmilyiori
    Options
    sometimes all it takes is a very large meal (or two) to push your metabolizim into gear. I tried that a few times when I have plateauted. Went on vacation and ate a bit too much - came back and got back on plan - I lost 6 pounds the following week. :)