Help me stay motivated

Options
Hi guys.
I joined mfp a while back but havent been 100% dedicated. About 2 years ago i realised I was over weight (75kg). So I started eating healthy, exercising regularly. In a year I lost 15kg. I felt great. Unfortunately the following year I lost motivation and I put on 9kg!!! so far this year I have been on and off, I have weeks of inspiration where I eat well exercise etc but it all falls apart. I dont feel healthy, I'm always tired and I'm determined to find that zest that I once had. Trouble is keeping its together. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to stay motivated?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like seeing pics of my slimmer self to remind me of what I could look like if I behave myself with the foods I eat. I've also got 2 dogs to walk and I feel guilty (now that I've gotten into the habit of doing it) if I don't get them on their 3 mile walk in the morning.
  • bobbisplayin
    bobbisplayin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think there is a possibility that you are running low on Vitamin D. It was my problem. I felt fatigued all the time and could not get motivated to do the things I wanted to do. Then I started taking Vitamin D supplements and it changed immediately. I was really low. Maybe that's where the fatigue is stemming from?
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have a goal/reward in front of you.
  • jeb2020
    jeb2020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. thats really helpful.
    bobbisplayin, you know some once suggested that to me before - I get really bad headaches which apparently can be caused by vit d deficiency. I think its time I gave it a shot. Will get some supplements tomorrow. Thanks!
  • BLMalikowski
    Options
    Make sure you are taking the right vitamins. Some times this can be a downer.
  • Bobbie47952
    Options
    Vitamin D is a good place to start and also having your thyroid check. Having a low thyroid can cause you to feel drained and make it harder to keep your weight down. Keep positive.
  • jeb2020
    jeb2020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the tips! I got my supplements and have started a new workout regimen, hopefully I will see results!