INSANITY! (: <-- Because I Love It!

Options
ndm9one
ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
My name is Nate, Im 20, I do INSANITY & Im on a mission to get my 6PaCkBaCk!
I've had this app on my phone for awhile but Im just now logging in to the web version.
Feel free to send me a request. We can motivate each other (: #InItToWinIt :glasses:

Replies

• DrScrappy
    Options
    I've been at it for a week. Starting my second week now. I think I have to admit I really like it to. I want my pre 2 babies body back. I want to be able to shop for new clothes without concern for muffin top. 15 lbs lost and increased strength for the 1 st ruud would be great. 25 lbs would be soooooooo friggin awesome!!!!!!
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Sooooo...my workout today was really discouraging. I practically quit ( being pissed about my weary muscles and sloppy form) with only 15 minutes left on the clock for Cardio Power and Resistance. I felt sooo bad, like I'm doomed to have this chunk forever. I even popped in my ten minute trainer DVD instead. I did like 7 minutes of that before I started to feel like a Loser for not completing my Insanity workout.

The good in all of this... I realized when I switched to the 10 minute trainer Total Body DVD that I really improved in upper body strength (as a result of Insanity) .

I'm going to keep at it, but if you have some time, I could really use some encouragement.

Loser Status - Dez
  • ndm9one
    ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    DONT quit! Like Shaun T says, if you need to take a rest then take a rest & get back in it!
    Its not about how many you can but but how many you do with correct form.
    If your having trouble keeping up with the video just go at your own pace.
    The longer you stick to INSANITY the better you'll be at it.
    This is my first workout program I've ever tried & in the beginning it was really rough on me!
    I had to take way more breaks than what the video planned because my ASTHMA was acting up.
    One thing I always did tho was make SURE I did some of EVERY exercise.
    If Im tired from the move before, I catch my breath before I start the next one.
    If I can only fit two "Level 1" drills in the time require then thats what I do.
    All you can do is try your very best! If your muscles dont give out, then KEEP GOING! :smile:
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to doing insanity again when the weather gets cooler....for now i love being outside :)

Of course right now i am not doing much of anything...dang sprained ankle :grumble:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    What does Insanity consist of?
    I just saw that Paul Ryan does it and if he can keep his busy schedule and do that, there must be something great about it?
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have never loved and hated a workout so much in my life!! LOL

I'm restarting Insanity on the 20th with the group here on MFP. The last time my work schedule went crazy and I ended up using that as an excuse to not find time for it.
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Nate,

Im about to start insanity in a week or so.

I tried the fit test 2 days ago , however as im fasting it didnt go to well, lol.

Im still sore from the fit test - really struggling to walk.

Im really cant wait to get started, however seeing how hard the fit test was on me im also nervous to see how my body copes with the actual work outs.

dm pizza heres youtube vid on insanity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8

Drscrappy - Dig Deep!

feel free to friend me

Munty
  • fitbabe49
    fitbabe49 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cardio Power and Resistance. I love it! It's such a challenge! I do the same as you, I try to do a bit of every exercise. Some I have to adapt, as my strenght is not there yet, but I won't give up. At the moment I do it at least twice a week, as I started to have a bit of knee pain. I will keep at it for as long as I enjoy it, not just the 9 weeks.
    It really is effective, I look much more toned and I'm always so happy when I realise that some of the exercises have become easier or I can do them all without stopping. But Tanya must really be a robot!!!
  • munty76
    Options
    Just finished Cardio Power and Resistance. I love it! It's such a challenge! I do the same as you, I try to do a bit of every exercise. Some I have to adapt, as my strenght is not there yet, but I won't give up. At the moment I do it at least twice a week, as I started to have a bit of knee pain. I will keep at it for as long as I enjoy it, not just the 9 weeks.
    It really is effective, I look much more toned and I'm always so happy when I realise that some of the exercises have become easier or I can do them all without stopping. But Tanya must really be a robot!!!

Your right about Tanya - shes insane!
  • miriam1paul
    miriam1paul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to start up INSANITY again. I think I'm afraid of it! Anyways will keep up date on how I do.
  • munty76
    Options
    I have to start up INSANITY again. I think I'm afraid of it! Anyways will keep up date on how I do.

Again? How did you fair the first time round?
  • dangerdj
    dangerdj Posts: 17
    Options
    Just started a P90X / Insanity hybrid workout this week. Whooo doggie, that plyo cardio circuit was intense! Dripping with sweat the whole time. Looking forward to the other workouts, nice to listen to Shawn T instead of Tony for a change.

Anyone take pre-workout supplements? I've started taking Complex5 by Rivalus seems to work great.
  • laurenaphelps
    Options

YOU CAN DO IT! PUSH PLAY and GO For it!
  • fitbabe49
    Options

Just promise yourself that you can stop at anytime without feeling guilty. That takes the pressure away. Even Shaun T struggles at times.
  • itsqueenbee
    Options
    How do u log insanity as one of your excersizes?
  • trishicles
    Options
    Hey ya'll I'm Trish and I'm on my fourth week of my second run through the insanity program and I absolutely love it! I've been on this site for almost a week and am finding it super useful in attaining my diet and exercise goals. Add me as a friend if you would like. I could use some workout buddies.
  • fitbabe49
    Options
    How do u log insanity as one of your excersizes?

If you have a heart rate monitor, you can log it under circuit training.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I too am afraid of insanity the first couple of days I almost threw up during the workout :-0 lol...then after the second week my knees started bothering me so I stopped....But this thread is motivating me to give it another go....

P.S. Welcome to the web version ndm9one! :-)
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Yessss! Today was my best workout day ever (2 nd week Plyometric). I pushed so hard, hardly any breaks, I'm STRONGER and MORE FLEXIBLE. I'm so excited to do it (INSANITY) again tomorrow.
  • wagneco17
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Insanity. I have lost the last (almost) 10lbs of pregnancy chunk in two months. The first month was a little discouraging because I did not start losing much until the 4th week. I also did not follow the meal plan right away either. The second month it came off quicker and now I’m at my goal weight. I finished round 1 the last week of June and just started the second round 3 weeks ago because I love it so much.

Make sure you are eating enough calories, eating healthy and drinking of enough water too!