WHAT IS THE DEEAALL!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you all but in the last 30 hours or so gas prices rose 18 cents a gallon here. :noway: :mad: Up to 3.73 over 3.55 yesterday morning. :grumble: Its getting to the point where I have to decide if i get gas and go to work or get my meds and stay alive. :grumble: Hmmmm, if I don't go to work I do not get insurance which helps with the over priced meds.:explode: I'm about ready to give it all up and do MFP full time. :wink:

Replies

• chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    I don't know about you all but in the last 30 hours or so gas prices rose 18 cents a gallon here. :noway: :mad: Up to 3.73 over 3.55 yesterday morning. :grumble: Its getting to the point where I have to decide if i get gas and go to work or get my meds and stay alive. :grumble: Hmmmm, if I don't go to work I do not get insurance which helps with the over priced meds.:explode: I'm about ready to give it all up and do MFP full time. :wink:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Here in Michigan its 3.99/gal! Wouldn't it be funny if we all started riding horses on the freeway. Grits are a lot cheaper than gas!!!
  • chriss1tt
    Here in Michigan its 3.99/gal! Wouldn't it be funny if we all started riding horses on the freeway. Grits are a lot cheaper than gas!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great idea:flowerforyou: maybe set the big ole oil boy's back some too. What part of mich? Home is Taylor but live in Orlando now.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm with the ride a horse. Imagine the looks as you hitched up at the grocery store, gym or school.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    3.85 or so here in beautiful sunny Boone North Carolina. Up 16 cents from yesterday.
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member

:laugh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    It's about 3.87 I think on base here which means it's probably alittle over 4.00 or so out in town here in san diego.
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    we are at 1.25/litre 5.00 a gallon :mad:
  • chriss1tt
    3.85 or so here in beautiful sunny Boone North Carolina. Up 16 cents from yesterday.

Love NC :heart: , but ur gas is more than mine. Price wise I mean. :wink: Don't even want a gassy thread to start. :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559

Love NC :heart: , but ur gas is more than mine. Price wise I mean. :wink: Don't even want a gassy thread to start. :laugh:

:laugh:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    MY theory is that you should get a tax break if you live less than 10 miles from where you work. That way people would move closer to their places of work, allowing them to take alternate modes of transportation. In the end it would cut down on gas consumption and traffic.

Just a theory. :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    oOo good theory..I want a horse though! lol
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    MY theory is that you should get a tax break if you live less than 10 miles from where you work. That way people would move closer to their places of work, allowing them to take alternate modes of transportation. In the end it would cut down on gas consumption and traffic.

Just a theory. :flowerforyou:
    this is a theory and i believe it should be brought up somewhere along the line if it hasnt,, i dont live 10 miles away from where i work i really need to invest in a bike,, i work 2nd shift thought riding at night might be none to smart
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    gas is $3.99/gal here in the Northern suburbs of Chicago! Yesterday morning it was $3.84 by the time i got home from work it was the 3.99. Go figure, how can that happen sooo fast!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great idea:flowerforyou: maybe set the big ole oil boy's back some too. What part of mich? Home is Taylor but live in Orlando now.

Hey there,

I live in Westland Mi but originally from Dearborn. We probably used to be neighbors!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    $4.04 here...and my gas tank is almost empty.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    i didn't even look at the gas prices this morning.

I'm lucky though. I live 5 minutes from daycare and work.. (it's like a triangle). Theoretically I could ride a bike or something.. Maybe even walk.. But witht he baby and the busy streets that concerns me... I wonder how long it would take to walk...

That might be something worth looking into!
  • chriss1tt
    $4.04 here...and my gas tank is almost empty.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh man. I feel for ya. :sick: