Options
    -Cheese ravioli with marinara sauce
    -Linguine alla Marinara
    -Grilled Chicken Spiedini
    -Mussels di napoli
    -Ravioli di portobello
    -Herb-Grilled Salmon
    -Parmesan Crusted tilapia

I LOVE the Ravioli di Portobello. I get the lunch portion to make it a bit lighter!!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The soups/salads (like minstrone, house salad) are good, and so is the Apricot Chicken. The Apricot Chicken is around 500 calories, but it's super filling and you probably won't finish it.. I know I finished like 1/2 of mine.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Their Venetian Apricot Chicken is awesome and very low calorie.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Skip it and use the calories at a decent Italian food restaurant. Olive Garden is to Italian food as McDonalds is to hamburgers. If you're going to eat out, eat something good. Just my opinion.

+1

Olive Garden is dangerous for a dieter, with their endless breadstix and bottomless bowls of high carb/ high calorie fare. If it's a family outing or something like that, you'll have to tough it out.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    careful with the salad. The salad is my FAVOURITE thing there but the dressing is a calorie monster! stay away from the cheese dishes, they also now have the calorie count right on the menu :)

^^This! I always get the dressing on the side. It is FULL of calories!!

Also ask for whole wheat pasta. They can substitute it for almost any dish.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I like the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, only 590 calories as served.

You can ask for the salad with the low fat dressing, and you can get that on the side as well, then the salad is pretty safe, under 100 calories a serving with the low fat dressing.

Avoid the breadsticks, they are 140 calories a piece, not worth it.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What's everybody issue with the breadsticks? 150 is a fairly decent calorie count for bread. I always have a breadstick, whether I pair it with a pasta entree from the kids menu, a bowl of soup and some salad, or the Venetian apricot chicken. :P
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I actually beg my server to be able to order off the kids menu...those portions are actually correct for most adults (I tell them I don't mind paying extra but that I'm dieting and there isn't a lot else I can have and they usually give in ;-)). Also I ask for oil and vinegar instead to dress my salad because their salad dressing is ridiculous with the calories.

I always leave room for one breadstick. It's my favorite part and worth the splurge. But that's just me. :-)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    work out and get a to-go box and bring half of the meal home, i wouldnt fast before, but just make healthy choices during the day
  • patroleumjam
    Options
    whenever I go out to eat I just get fish. stop dieting and just eat healthy.
  • kanittaj
    kanittaj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OMG I love Olive Garden!!!! My manager took me there for lunch the other day I had the soup, salad, and 1 breadstick (very hard to do because they are delicious). The Zuppa soup is my favorite! I would certainly work out a bit more if you go there.