Whats Your Guilty Pleasure???

Options
Just wondering what other peoles guilty pleasures are...and what you substitute them for? mine are -
Guilty -
chocolate
sweets
crisps
peanut butter
ice cream

What substitute foods have you found to curb your cravings?
substitutes -
pineapple
snack a jacks
frozen yogurt

As you can see i am majorly short on the substitues.....am looking for suggestions!!

Replies

• lilgemforgets
    Options
    bump..anyone??!!!!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Fried gas station food. Burritos, pizza pockets, corn dogs, all of it!

I haven't found a sub for them, so I just don't go inside or I go to gas stations that don't sell food like that.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bacon, ruffles potato chips with dip, french fries, donairs.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i've not had them, but i have heard good things about Morningstar vegetarian corn dogs
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    substitutes for you....
    chocolate ---> chocolate pudding cup (100 calories) or hot cocoa (50 calories)
    sweets ----> dried fruit (100 calories per oz or thereabouts) , fruit leathers
    crisps
    > whole grain chips or popcorn
    peanut butter ---> nothing wrong with peanut butter
    ice cream ---> light ice cream, thick protein shake, or pudding
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    guilty pleasures...
    frozen yogurt ---> i eat it
    popcorn w/ cheese powder ----> I eat it
    string cheese in large quantities ----> eat it
    french toast or pancakes ---> make them at home
    cheesecake ---> make it at home
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Guilty:
    Mcdonalds ice cream cone
    chocolate
    any thing salty
  • claismit
    claismit Posts: 21
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!! And everything else made with large quantities of grease.

And beer...

And Pizza...

I usuall try to have anything I want but RARELY and in moderation!!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Bud light lime, pizza, chips with a hint of lime, cookie dough, and Latin things
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    substitutes for you.... chocolate ---> chocolate pudding cup (100 calories) or hot cocoa (50 calories) sweets ----> dried fruit (100 calories per oz or thereabouts) , fruit leathers crisps
    > whole grain chips or popcorn peanut butter ---> nothing wrong with peanut butter ice cream ---> light ice cream, thick protein shake, or pudding
    nice suggestions! Thanks!
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    Ice cream - When I give in, I stand at the counter, take 5 teaspoon size bites and put it away

Chocolate Covered Strawberries - Since it's a specialty item I don't have them often.

Homemade Lasagna - MMMMMMMM goodness, I haven't had it in about 8 months.

Cheesecake - Hubs made one from scratch a month ago and I had a sliver.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!! And everything else made with large quantities of grease.

And beer...

And Pizza...

I usuall try to have anything I want but RARELY and in moderation!!

Did you say beer and pizza?

It's nice to meet you:tongue:
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!! And everything else made with large quantities of grease. And beer... And Pizza... I usuall try to have anything I want but RARELY and in moderation!!
    Did you say beer and pizza? It's nice to meet you:tongue:

lol!! Love it!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I try really hard not to attach guilt to food. I just had a nasty spell with marshmallow fluff and buttercream icing, so I binned them because I know I deserve better, not because I felt guilty. Normally I have dark chocolate spread which spreads so thin it doesn't unduly up my calories, so I'll go back to that.

I feel a bit naughty when I have nachos for my whole meal, so I try having them WITH something instead :laugh:
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    in no particular order:
    Cheese cake, the plain variety. A big slice tipped on the side so I can get a good look at the graham cracker crust.
    Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting -- only in the last couple of years has this been good
    Large cut french fries with chunky tartar sauce or mustard.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Take-out Pizza
    > Frozen, thin crust pizza
    Chips and dip
    > Light Chips and salsa
    Ice cream
    > Skinny Cow ice cream or ice cream sandwiches
    Milke shakes
    > BSN Lean Dessert Protein (any flavor) with Silk Light and Ice in the blender
    Cheeseburgers ---> Either 97/3 lean ground beef or turkey burgers done in the George Foreman grill
    Spaghetti
    > Whole Wheat Rotini with either Ragu light or home grown tomatoes diced with oregano and Italian seasoning.

Cheddar cheese ---> There IS no good substitute for REAL, sharp, hard, cheddar cheese. *cries*
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pizza- I will eat it. Then I will Zumba for an hour and go for a walk.
    Mac-and-Cheese- I have it once a month, and I make it at home. Then I work out.
    Coffee- I don't substitute, but I cut way back.

Now for stuff I actually substitute...

Chocolate--> Coffee (the Keurig K-cups have less calories)
    Cereal--> Yogurt or Jell-o
    Mozzarella Sticks --> Salad
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I try really hard not to attach guilt to food. I just had a nasty spell with marshmallow fluff and buttercream icing, so I binned them because I know I deserve better, not because I felt guilty. Normally I have dark chocolate spread which spreads so thin it doesn't unduly up my calories, so I'll go back to that.

I feel a bit naughty when I have nachos for my whole meal, so I try having them WITH something instead :laugh:

^^^^ This exactly. We're not taking about sin versus perfection or good versus evil here. The key is purposeful and thoughtful eating.

Even the foods I eat for pleasure like chocolate and whiskey are eaten purposefully and thoughfully - to bring me pleasure. I portion out enough chocolate to satisfy my desires (usually 20 chips of REALLY GOOD chocolate at 5 calories each) and a decent jigger of whiskey, eat one chip, have a sip, and repeat until both glass and bowl are empty. I concentrate on savoring each bit, and it takes me about an hour.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what other peoles guilty pleasures are...and what you substitute them for? mine are -
    Guilty -
    chocolate
    sweets
    crisps
    peanut butter
    ice cream

What substitute foods have you found to curb your cravings?
    substitutes -
    pineapple
    snack a jacks
    frozen yogurt

As you can see i am majorly short on the substitues.....am looking for suggestions!!

mines def chocolate and I have found cherries very good subsittute though sometimes I crave chocolate so bad I get headaches ( I really do its weird)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Lay's potato chips...

...and boobs!