30lbs gone, 90 more to go!

Options
30lbloss21.jpg

My fatloss journey is an extremely slow albeit ongoing and steady progress (I started March 2012 at 262lbs). I get constantly frustrated with the lack of changes I see everyday in the mirror. The scale does indeed show a different number almost weekly and for the better… However, I see the face of someone who hasn’t changed one iota. When I look in the mirror I honestly see something that couldn’t possibly be me. The fat girl. I am a very visual person and while numbers are very telling a picture to me speaks volumes. So during one of Xander’s afternoon naps I decided I needed to see a difference and thus the photo you see above was thrown together! The one on the left was taken at my all time heaviest in 2010 pre-Xander. The one on the right was taken Thursday of last week.

I have a long long way to go! I am currently 230lbs. I need to get to anywhere between 130/140. (To be in my BMI range). I did have an FMS (functional movement screen) and a body comp three weeks ago, and my lean body mass was 133, my fat percentage was 43%. I need to half that for sure.

Here are a couple more:
30lbloss4.jpg

My body doesn't show too much of a difference though my clothes are looser, and I had to get a new belt as my old one was flapping in the breeze with its length. I am still wearing my old clothes before. I guess that just means I wore entirely too tight of clothing! :p (I did own three different sizes of jeans, 18, 20, and 22... I am happily in the 18s now)

Replies

• biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep it up and you will reach your goal!
  • kmstacy
    kmstacy Posts: 2
    Options
    you are doing great!
  • minionmama
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your face! 30 lbs in 6 months is better than 0 lbs in 6 months! You look beautiful - just keep going. It won't be too much longer before you'll see (and feel) a big difference. Start saving your pennies, because those clothes will be falling off in no time!
  • WendyEmery79
    WendyEmery79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wow you can totally see a change! good job girl!!!!
  • healthybody74
    Options
    Wow I see a huge change! Congrats and keep it up! You are an inspiration to many :)
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WEE!! Look how much your eyes are glowing. You are doing a fantastic job! Keep up the great work!
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There is a real difference to be seen.
  • nyyankeedeb
    nyyankeedeb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    why great job sweetie..I lost 8 lbs...I have about 50 more to go....trying to keep my head up and not let others around me discourage me in any way....keep up the good work....:flowerforyou:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are doing awesome!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well done. Keep up the amazing work.

I have a closet with a range of sizes 18-24. Even my 24s are tight and I slowly showing a difference to get back to them. 2 years ago those were falling off and I was even able to fit into an old navy 18 capris.

I inherited a collection of 16s too. I'm saving them for a transitional time but ideally would love to get to 10-12 at a max.
  • deedles42
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It is tons of hard work for sure. Some days are simply so discouraging and others are uplifting. I do know while the scale might go down slow for some of us, we also need to look at our ENERGY level for instance. I have so much more energy just with 30lbs lost. Which is good since I have a 14 month old on my hands getting into everything. I am working with kettlebells and swinging a 25lb bell and it sometimes hits me that I am swinging the weight I just lost. I used to CARRY this around ON me! Put that as a perspective too. How many lbs is a gallon of milk? And many of us wear that and more on our bodies everyday.

I wish it could get off me as fast as it got on me (dont we all!). Thank you all for the encouraging words. It really helps put me in my place!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Great job! Your beautiful cheekbones are really starting to show!
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Wow! Great job, you can totally notice a difference!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job! 30 lbs is awesome! Keep it up and you'll reach your goal no problem! And I can see a big difference in your face! Have you just been watching what you eat or are you exercising too?
  • deedles42
    Options
    I have been watching what I eat but I am not a fanatic about it. Mostly portion sizes! I also avoid any and all sodas even if diet. If I use sweetners its stevia. I have also tried to replace my beloved pasta obsession with items like zucchini noodles (using a julienne peeler) . I still have a bread fascination but I am trying to gather "paleo" friendly bread recipes to replace what I normally indulge in. I most work out though. Kettlebells are my thing. And on days I am not doing those I run or walk on my active recovery days.
  • Brakalack
    Brakalack Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Excellent job so far!!! Keep it up, :)
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    As my boyfriend has been telling me, you can really see it in your face....you look wonderful dear...keep on strong and I know you'll get where you want to be!! :flowerforyou:
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a change, you are doing an excellent job! Keep posting your updates because you are an inspiration to all of us :)
  • happyceliza
    happyceliza Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference! You are doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!