I jogged

Options
Last night during my 4 mile walk I was able to jog continuously for 1 whole mile :happy:

I have to say my Husband walked by my side as I jogged that mile but i was still jogging! lol

Celina

Replies

• ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. High five!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • neat0
    neat0 Posts: 16
    Options
    That is awesome! Well done. I love those little achievements you achieve that just spur you on to keep going :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu

Congratulations on taking that first step!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's a real victory! Keep up the good work!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Keep it up!:glasses:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    NSV - worthy!! Great job!! :drinker:
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I just started jogging as well (about a mile to 1.5 miles a day). Although sometimes I feel like I'm moving at a snail's pace, at least I'm lapping everyone still sitting on the couch! Keep going and kudos to your husband for walking with you while you jogged.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    YAY! and next time it will feel easier!!!
  • lagavica
    lagavica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done. I just want to tell you that I started like that four years ago, jogging besides two friends that walked, nowadays they are still walking while I jogg 6 km five times a week. I have even completed a 21 K race. Keep doing it, it is worth.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job! A mile is amazing!
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I think you've inspired me! I am NOT a runner, I think my knee would complain too much, but I'm going to try tonight to run for a bit. I walk on the treadmill, and have been hesitant to even try the eliptical machine, because I keep thinking I'm not in good enough shape yet, but I do the 3.8 km/h for one whole hour. If only my knee behaves... :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Fantastic!! keep it up :D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it's a wonderful,wonderful moment to run your first mile...first of very many I hope. cherish that moment.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand your excitement!! The most I've ever been able to job at on time was like 4 minutes.... I hate running/jogging, so I rarely do it.... and whenever I first start out doing it I'm lucky to hit a full minute!!! Great job!
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Woot! I have been working on it since April and still haven't made a mile. FANTASTIC!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :happy:
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!!! YAY for you!!!!!! I can do a minute....LOL..quite an accomplishment for you. Keep it up, maybe I'll catch up with your progress!
  • cguillen1121
    Options
    Thanks for your encouraging words, it felt great!

I have been walking 4 miles for about 3 weeks and I started by jogging to the next tree then walk and finally last night I kept going and going and going...

WOW