lamebook

Options
Fruch02
Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
Just deleted my account....I really think the site will be old news within the next couple of years. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I think its been declining big time. Thoughts?

Replies

• nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    are there any other sites that come close or similar to this one? i love this site!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    MFP is replacing my FB addition since I've started participating on the boards. It's definitely more fun here.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I like it, it's helped me a lot and i'm always trying to recruit new people!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Lamebook the caption website?
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    lamebook= facebook
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ah, that's what I originally thought, but then there's also a lamebook website...

I don't like facebook, but my teachers use it to let us know upcoming exams/homework, and my sports teams use it to get info out, so I'm keeping it until it's no longer useful.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I think I might too. I look back at all the crap I posted and shake my head. Why did I think anyone cared where I checked in and my random mutterings. I really just post pics of my kids now because grandparents are out of state.

For some reason though - deleting it feels weird. Like I'll miss something. Crazy huh
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I mostly just use it to share pictures of the kids with family members who we don't see much. Also, it helps me remember family members' birthdays :tongue:
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how you can post the same exact status on MFP and Facebook and get two COMPLETELY different responses. 90% of the time, ppl here are supportive and motivational....90% of the ppl on fb are judgemental, snide and rude. It's funny because most of them are people we "know".
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    24=getting older?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I love FB for staying in touch with distant friends. I have reconnected with a lot of folks. I do wish there was a way to filter out all political posts for a few months though.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    24=getting older?

:laugh: I keep my FB because I love following all of my nerdy fan page things. Plus it's nice to see the foolish things people write and then make fun of them for it. :devil:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have facebook to keep up with my friends both near and far. I don't post a whole lot of stuff. I think my last one was
    "I'm sweet as pie. Rhubarb pie"
    Mainly it's planning/coordinating events and simply keeping up on occasion.

I do wish I could filter out all the religious/political posts, though!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this thinking that you were actually talking about lamebook.com - a funny site about HILARIOUS facebook posts.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    No way! I use facebook all the time - for creating events that friends and I are going to, for sharing photos with friends and family, for staying in touch with less online-active acquaintances.

My daughter is about to start Uni, and they have a Facebook page which allows all the students to connect with each other on specific topics, as well as letting the uni disseminate information.

I think its status as a medium of communication has just gone mainstream. Depends what you want from it, of course. And on the quality of your friends.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I grew up in the north and lived in Texas for 20 years or so. I use FB to keep in touch with friends/classmates that I didn't connect with on a regular basis after we all moved away.

It's nice to see their families, get updates on former teachers/coaches and upcoming events. Just this year, through FB, I found out my high school coach/principal (same person) was retiring after this upcoming school year. I am planning to fly up to be at his retirement party.

I don't post much, but it's nice to have for cases like this.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I use facebook to play some games...lame, I know. I also have family on there that I like to keep in contact with.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Twitter is king of them all.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The only reason I like facebook is because all of the pictures I've accumulated over the years are still there after multiple computer crashes or memory cards being lost. I can't imagine it will be used by people in a few years, obviously some, but it will die down.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Twitter is king of them all.

Blech! Personally, I dislike Twitter and prefer FB. But whatever works for you.