How often to weigh in

What do you guys recommend for how often to weigh yourself? I have heard every morning and others say once a week. I am afraid I will get disappointed if I weigh in each morning and don't see results.

Replies

• Honestly? I weigh myself 3 times a day at least! I can't help myself. (I only log it once a day, in the morning.) The biggest thing is to remember that you weight will go up and down naturally - and progress won't be eveident everyday so I really don't worry about it as long as it's going down over a week or so. By weighing myself daily I do notice monthly trends of weight loss and such due to hormones that I may not notice once a week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I don't have a scale. I weigh in with my nutritionist every other week. I don't like to see my weight fluctuate so usually I show a loss or at least a stall after two weeks.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Since it seems you cannot psychologically handle the day to day fluctuations in your weight, i would weigh once per month
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I weigh myself every day, and know that my weight will fluctuate from day to day. I only record a loss if I hit the same weight 2 days in a row.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    I weigh every Sunday morning. No more, no less. Gives me something to shoot for, and inspires me during the week! " Do I want to eat that Ice cream? Nah... I have to weigh in on Sunday. I better skip it!"
  • Thanks guys.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    do what ever u want to do
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    I weigh once a week on fridays,early morning, then if i screw up over the weekend i want know about it the following week until friday comes round.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    HOLY COW 3 times a day! :ohwell:

I suggest every two weeks but if you cant stand that, then once a week is okay. I find that many people get upset and are demotivated by the scale, if we do not use it often, then it can not hurt us can it?
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Every morning for the past 3 years. Learned a lot by doing this. Learned when I eat taco bell or chick-fil-a I'm up 2 pounds for a couple days. Also learned that 2 weeks after tom I eat a lot for 2-3 days, used to make me scared that my body was against me and wanted to be heavy.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    I dont weigh at all, i dont even have a scale, i trust all will end well and dont care how much i weigh in the end
  • pobski
    pobski Posts: 42 Member
    I weigh myself in the morning and evening. I only record the morning weight though.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I weigh myself almost every morning. I have tried not doing so, but the scale is right there in my bathroom when I am getting ready, so I can't resist. But I do not record a loss unless I hit a lower weight a couple of days in a row, to make sure it is not just a temporary fluctuation.