new take on green beans

Options
AprilHnew
AprilHnew Posts: 15 Member
I cooked fresh garden green beans, but in stead of using fatback I used pork bouillon. I was surprised how yummy it was.:happy:

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What is fatback?
    Green beans taste awesome just lightly steamed with a very small sprinkle of sea salt. yum.
  • toriking
    toriking Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do all my veggies just lightly steamed too.
  • jesusfreak0314
    Options
    Hey, I understand you totally! If you grew up using bacon, fatback, ham, or whatever in your greens and green beans there is a big difference! I like to add a small dash of cayenne to mine, but will use some buillion next time to check it out! My daughters like the cayenne and mince onions thrown in now.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I drizzle mine with 1 tbsp of olive oil and then season them with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning (toss them together in a bowel to coat). Toss them on a baking sheet and cook them for about 7-10 min on 350. I also do this with brussel sprouts (cut them in half first) and asparagus. Yum.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I sautee mine in a little evoo add diced garlic and onions and sometimes bacon bits...turkey bacon bits that is. yum yum yum
  • hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sometimes red onions and salt do the trick for my vegetables. I did the boullion and veggies but i used up all my sodium allowance so i had to ut back. I used a pork boullion the other night though for a mushroom soup just so i limited my milk consumption, and the broth was great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!