great fat burner

Options
I thought I had great cardio and i do now and the reason is I stared to use the jump rope believe it or not look it up you can burn from 110 to 150 calories for 10 minuts and you don't have to go hard when I did it had a hardtime doing more then a min and then after just a couple days it becomes easy do what you can then went you start doing more go 2 minutes then take 2 minutes off then do that like maybe 10 times rated as possibility the best cardio exercises pick one up for 3 bucks and watch the fat melt away.

Replies

• billyh333
    billyh333 Posts: 213
    Options
    And also it has less of impact on your body then lots of other exercises .
  • applewrm
    applewrm Posts: 15
    Options
    You are right. I used to jump a lot of rope when younger. Jump rope was a major game in NYC for kids. That's what I played. Also, roller skating. You had to do what could be done on a city sidewalk. Now, kids sit on their butts with a computer in hand. They only exercise their right hand. Ha.ha.....

Now at 72, I find it more difficult but I am going to buy a jump rope and try again.
  • billyh333
    Options
    You are right. I used to jump a lot of rope when younger. Jump rope was a major game in NYC for kids. That's what I played. Also, roller skating. You had to do what could be done on a city sidewalk. Now, kids sit on their butts with a computer in hand. They only exercise their right hand. Ha.ha.....

Now at 72, I find it more difficult but I am going to buy a jump rope and try again.
    great cause I mean I can run and play basketball for hrs but jump rope is on a diffrent level much luck and your 72 wow my hats off to you.
  • califoreignian
    Options
    I love jumping rope! Haven't done it in ages though because doctors said it would hurt my shoulders :frown: Might look into it again at some point. Do you use a weighted rope or just a regular speed rope?
  • jeffnjack
    Options
    Want to give it a try! Thanks. Dumb question coming . . . do you think jumping without a rope (low ceilings) would be as effective? Too embarrassed to do it public.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's amazing that when you don't jump rope for a long time and then suddenly jump rope again how difficult it seems. I was winded after a minute or two. I DON'T remember jump rope being that difficult when I was a kid. The Asylum videos I use include jump rope in the warm-up, it's awesome for increasing heart rate and getting your muscles warmed-up.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Want to give it a try! Thanks. Dumb question coming . . . do you think jumping without a rope (low ceilings) would be as effective? Too embarrassed to do it public.
    You can do it without a rope. If you need something in your hands, try a cordless jump rope:
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Jump-Rope-S16A-Cordless/dp/B005SA36K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345050059&sr=8-1&keywords=cordless+jump+rope
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I thought I had great cardio and i do now and the reason is I stared to use the jump rope believe it or not look it up you can burn from 110 to 150 calories for 10 minuts and you don't have to go hard when I did it had a hardtime doing more then a min and then after just a couple days it becomes easy do what you can then went you start doing more go 2 minutes then take 2 minutes off then do that like maybe 10 times rated as possibility the best cardio exercises pick one up for 3 bucks and watch the fat melt away.

A couple of things...

First, punctuation. I don't much care about spelling or grammar, but your post is difficult to read/understand.

Second, a seemingly minor though actually very significant distinction - calorie burner /= fat burner. You're burning cals, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're burning fat.

Last, yes... jumping rope can be a great cardio workout!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I jump rope to warm up for my workouts. It's absolutely great, but it's certainly not the be all, end all for me.
  • billyh333
    Options
    I love jumping rope! Haven't done it in ages though because doctors said it would hurt my shoulders :frown: Might look into it again at some point. Do you use a weighted rope or just a regular speed rope?
    should not hurt your shouders unless you have a issue with them and just a regular jump rope your pace does not matter
  • billyh333
    Options
    no to tell you the truth that's a good idea the rope is not doing anything its the jumping and yes just as effective
  • billyh333
    Options
    your right.but i do mine on a empty stomach.and that's the best time for me to burn fat.

A couple of things...

First, punctuation. I don't much care about spelling or grammar, but your post is difficult to read/understand.

Second, a seemingly minor though actually very significant distinction - calorie burner /= fat burner. You're burning cals, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're burning fat.

Last, yes... jumping rope can be a great cardio workout!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The longest ten minutes of my life!
  • billyh333
    Options
    The longest ten minutes of my life!
    Lmaol
  • califoreignian
    Options
    should not hurt your shouders unless you have a issue with them and just a regular jump rope your pace does not matter

I have a lot of problems with them, that's why :(
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I haven't jumped rope since like grade school...lol But great idea though...I think I might try it again. :)
  • MIRAJ
    MIRAJ Posts: 1
    Options
    thanx for sharing I will try that,
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I haven't jumped rope since like grade school...lol But great idea though...I think I might try it again. :)

I prefer double Dutch.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great idea/ reminder. Easy to do at home. Thanks
  • Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great idea!!