What's your Awesome?

Options
Tandi_S
Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
SO.MUCH. negativity and anger in the forums the past couple days. I thought a more positive thread might help a little.

What's your awesome from today so far? Big or small, what's something good that has happened or gone right?

For me, in a meeting today a product manager related something he was trying to explain to beer and beer bellies. I responded by saying "We all get the beer analogy...." He responded by saying "Yes, but YOU CAN'T relate to the beer belly part." I just laughed. :drinker:

What's your awesome?

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My awesome for today was running a full 3 miles with no walk breaks. First time ever really...usually it was 2.96 miles, or I'd just stop at 30 minutes, or I'd allow myself a 2 minute walk break in there. Trying to start pushing myself more.
  • Tandi_S
    Options
    WooT!!!! :drinker:

And, by the way, you have a great butt! Happy *kitten* Wednesday!
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    My awesome for the day is that I have been at my job for exactly one year and have never called out :) I was very blessed to have a year free of sickness and misfortune and wish all of you the same in your years to come :)

Great idea for a post! I hope it catches on!

P.S... my silly awesome for the day = :drinker: :smokin:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    WooT!!!! :drinker:

And, by the way, you have a great butt! Happy *kitten* Wednesday!

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My awesome is I am getting married in 14 months. And I had TOO much coffee.

Oh, and I'm going to buy ground beef tonight for bacon cheeseburgers.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well my awesome didn't happen today, but last weekend I married my best friend. Two hours before we were married in the church, my sister-in-law gave birth to our adorable baby niece, Thea. I just got home from the honeymoon on Sunday.

I'm still swimming in the awesomeness that is my life at the moment <3
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,929 Member
    Options
    My awesome was (is?) a text from my daughter saying "Technologically assisted HUG!"
  • Tandi_S
    Options
    Excellent awesomeness!

Also, I for one, LOVE cheeseburgers! Oh...and bacon!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My awesome for today was a nice rested undisturbed night's sleep last night, and a nice cup of coffee today!
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My awesome for today is getting to spend a Wednesday in sweat pants lol!!
  • PurpleMane
    Options
    I met someone today and he asked for my number. That made me feel pretty awesome.
    It was much needed this week!
  • live2runnj
    live2runnj Posts: 157
    Options
    I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and realized I was still me! I bleed AWESOME.......

By the way, I hate arrogant people..............
  • meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A quite house at 2:30pm in the afternoon. My 3 year old is cat-napping and my 5 1/2 year old is on ABCmouse (computer) with head phones. I'm an at home mom and this does not happen often in the afternoon.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I set a PR of 405x3 on my Dead Lift
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I got up early to get my workout in first thing.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I set a PR of 405x3 on my Dead Lift

always awesome!!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My favorite awesome for the last 2 weeks is my puppy! She's so adorable and fun! And tonight I'm having a jewelry party with awesome people so it should be epicly awesome!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my awesome was getting up and hiking for an hr, climbing the equivalent of 71 flights of stairs, oh and getting a mani/pedi after. HEAVEN!!!!
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    My awesome is that I am alive and breathing... negativity has no place in my life... Peace :-)
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I think we all need this. My awesomes are totally unrelated to fitness: This morning I gave this crazy old (harmless )woman in my in-laws' apartment complex a ride to Walmart. And this afternoon I tried to donate platelets, but my iron level failed me. Next week I will try again. And tonight, I make delicious stuffed peppers for my family.

Winner of a day!