I’m a women/wife/mother & I want to Lift.

Options
I’m a women/wife/mother & I want to Lift.

I have been on my weight loss journey for about a year. On and Off. Some success and some failure. I have 2 daughters, 1 & 3.

I have never been much for working out, I have very low endurance so cardio gets tiring/boring for me before I can ever really get into it. Therefore, I have ALWAYS quit. I quit cheerleading as a child. I quit running. I quit walking. I quit Insanity. You see the pattern?

All of this brings me to today. Tomorrow I will enroll my oldest daughter in Gymnastics. She will fit right in. She is energetic and loves to be physical. BUT, who am I to expect my daughter to stick with something when I never would? How do I motivate my girls to be active teens when I myself am overweight and sedentary?

Today I signed up for a Gym membership. The gym is less than a mile from home. Its small. I like it. Today I will start lifting. I have never lifted before but I want to make it my main focus along with light cardio on my off days. I do not know very much about lifting so im calling all women and trainers to please enlighten me. I need a starting point and a goal, yet im not sure where one begins and the other ends.

I want to be fit. I want to be healthy. Weight loss is not my concern.

I want my daughters to be proud of their Mom. I want to give them something to look up to. I want to be THAT Mom…..don’t we all?

Thank you in advance for your advice, all is welcome and appreciated.

Replies