Wisdom Teeth?

Options
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I'm not sure what I should do about food/exercise while I'm recovering. I don't want to just lay in bed and eat ice cream all day but idk how long I won't be able to work out.

What are some food suggestions that aren't gonna hurt to eat that are also low calorie?

Replies

• UniformMr
    Options
    I'm sure your oral surgeon/dentist will advise you.

When I had ALL four impacted wisdom teeth removed at once, I didn't feel like eating anything.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    good luck. buy some ensure shakes, or something like that, that will give you the nutrients you need. you will not eat anything solid for four days or so. pudding, jello and remember you can't drink any shakes thru a straw. good luck!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I had all four removed in November. They weren't impacted and I didn't need stitches, but I had big gaping holes in my mouth for weeks. The first few days, I limited myself to soft foods - yogurt, soup, cottage cheese. Then, slowly built up to regular foods. But for a few weeks, I was still eating with the front of my mouth and trying to prevent anything from getting back in the holes. Also, I had to regularly rinse my mouth to clear out any bits of food that may have gotten back there. In terms of exercise - I was back at it the next day with no restrictrions.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    soup is a good choice.

Wash mouth after every meal

Be careful when brushing (especially if you have stitches)

When you're getting your injections wiggle your toes (trust me).