Just stopped during mid-binge :)

Options
I've been binging consistently for weeks now and tonight, after I reached 1400 calories for the day, I stopped myself :). What have you done to make yourself in control?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I don't binge but if I know I'm going to eat out and want to enjoy two or three courses I just make sure I track everything and do extra exercise to make up for it if I have to. Honest tracking is really important if we want to hit goal weight.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Usually pre-planning the day helps keep me in control. If I don't log what I plan to eat - I'll eat whatever ends up in front of me. Some days this isn't very pretty. Oh and I hardly call 1400 cals for the day a binge. :flowerforyou:
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ha well before the binge I had only logged 600 cals
  • Tucsonfoodie
    Tucsonfoodie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agreed that 1400 calories is NOT a binge. Maybe not what you want but it's not a lot of calories. I find that if I eat enough earlier in the day, I'm less likely to overdo it at night.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Ha well before the binge I had only logged 600 cals

Still not a binge. My meals are 700-800 cals many days. That's not a binge. It's a meal. When you're talking 2000-3000 cals shoved down in the span of an hour or two - then maybe we can qualify that as a binge.
  • voncilec
    voncilec Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water!!! I consume tons and it keeps me full. Also, *cliche alert* I truly try to substitute in a healthy alternative. When will a nectarine be a healthy alternative to chunky monkey?!? Probably never...but a frozen tablespoon of Almond Butter sometimes helps :) Otherwise I guzzle a lil H2O and get on the scale lol.

Looking for motivated MFP friends.... add if you want :)
    Vee
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    *high five* that's awesome! :)
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    Still not a binge. My meals are 700-800 cals many days. That's not a binge. It's a meal. When you're talking 2000-3000 cals shoved down in the span of an hour or two - then maybe we can qualify that as a binge.

A binge is different to everyone...it doesn't matter how many calories, it just counts when you don't feel like you're in control of your eating.