40+ August Challenge

Options
My old thread was getting a little too long. I'm looking for other 40+ year olds to do a challenge with me to see if it is more effective in budging the stubborn weight at our age. I hope others can join me on this one.

For the month of August! 6 Days per week workouts:

For 4 days
Cardio workout 20-60 min. bonus if you do interval training
Strength for 5 min.
Walk for 30 min.
Yoga/Stretch for 10 min.
Meditate for 5-15 min.

For 2 days
Cardio workout 10 min. - to get the blood flowing
Strength for 30-40 min.
Walk for 30 min.
Yoga/Stretch for 10 min.
Meditate for 5-15 min.

Reasons:
I'm finding that doing cardio before strength training makes the ST portion more effective.

A little toning everyday on problem areas works.

Adding a walk everyday for at least 30 min. has been working for many 40+.

Doing yoga/stretch and meditation helps relieve the stress which helps release fat.

Scattering activity in bits throughout the day is more effective than one big workout at a time.

Of course eating smaller, healthy meals more often and drinking plenty of water helps too.

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I know it's the 9th of August but is it too late to join you? Is it your plan for others to do the same schedule as listed or is it just move your *kitten* 6 days a week?
    Thanks!
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi MamaDee,

Mainly to move, but as close to the challenge as you can since this is the regiment that seems to move those pesky 40+ pounds. Thanks, MamaDee and hope you can join in on the fun!
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    I am in :)

Not sure if I can quite match the entire challenge, but I will come as close as I can. Thanks for the challenge!
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a challenge fitting it all in, but I am still doing the walking, ST and yoga. Chime in when you can! :smile: