Sushi Question

Options
Hello All.

I purchased some sushi this afternoon (from the supermarket). The package says " serve before 8/16." I consumed half the package but I am full. I know they say to eat sushi in one day but can I just eat it tomorrow? I don't want to throw it away its was kind of expensive. Serious responses ONLY!

Thanks alot!

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • cindergirl73
    Options
    I often keep mine a day....it should be ok to eat tomorrow.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As long as it wasn't kept out in the warm for too long it'll be fine if it's kept in the fridge overnight- I only know this because I once had inari pockets that I took for a picnic, didn't eat them all that day so after the walk home I put them in the fridge, ate them the next day and got the worst food poisoning i've ever had ): haha.
  • HaniaAHadi
    HaniaAHadi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am sure it would be ok to eat one day left over sushi, as many of my friends do. The only reason I don't is because it is not usually as fresh as the first day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I've had it the next day, both leftovers when I made my own and from the supermarket. Cover it with saran wrap with as little air around it as possible to keep the fish and rice from drying out, and keep it in the fridge.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ive eaten it a day later. Not as good as fresh but still ok. Just keep it covered well. BTW, my sushi is never tempura or with mayonnaise based sauces. So Im not sure how well that kind would hold up.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Had sushi on Monday night and couldn't finish it so I threw it in the fridge in a container (not air tight). It wasn't awful the next night but the rice dried out. I haven't gotten sick...yet.... :P

(Same as above, none had mayo or tempura).
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone!