Whos bulking??

Options
I have been back and forth in my head about starting a nice long slow bulk. Looking for more guys out there who are trying to bulk up with out all of the fat gains.. I have done a small amount of research and I think I have a good grasp on it, but would like to see some diarys, add some guys bulking, and learn some more. Like can I still define my abs better while eating a little more? I have a mental block with eating more because of all the weight I just dropped.

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    last try....
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm starting now.
    Lost almost 40lbs and stepping it up.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    don't be scared. If you get too fat you can always cut your calories again. It's easier to burn fat than it is to gain muscle.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I will be in a couple of months. I think i'm going to do eight week cycles, two weeks maintenance, six weeks bulk. Then two weeks maintenance then six weeks cut. ( repeat as needed ) Fat wise I will gain and lose the same as a longer bulk, but I won't have to do it all at once.

I got this Idea from Lyle McDonald's website.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Not a guy...but I'm doing a bulk this winter. Bump!
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    I have been back and forth in my head about starting a nice long slow bulk. Looking for more guys out there who are trying to bulk up with out all of the fat gains.. I have done a small amount of research and I think I have a good grasp on it, but would like to see some diarys, add some guys bulking, and learn some more. Like can I still define my abs better while eating a little more? I have a mental block with eating more because of all the weight I just dropped.

hit up the forums at bodybuilding.com

those guys will have all the info you need :)

Good luck!
  • mag1c
    mag1c Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its summer bro! Spring and Summer are for leaning out. Even on a clean bulk I can't avoid adding some fat here and there. It would be really tough to hit calories perfectly to have the surplus you need for gains without adding a little fat as well. Because of that, once fall comes around, thats when the bulk cycle starts. ;)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    thanks for the advice and summer is almost over! I start a new routine at the gym in about 10 days maybe this is when I will start.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    500 calorie surplus over maintenance, really nothing to it. Also if your planning on bulking try and do a compound heavy routine. I suggest Madcow 5x5, Your lifts will rocket on a strict routine. Just make sure you Squat squat and squat some more.