New to MFP and this is day 2

Options
Hello all! I just joined MFP during the past couple of days and today is day 2 of atkins for me. So far i have lost 2 pounds. I am tracking using my scale at the office although it appears to be 16 lbs off from my home scale. What is sad is that it is not to the good. :sad: Anyhow I know that I should not weigh everyday and I do plan on Mondays being the official weigh in day I can't wait until i reach that first goal. Good Luck on dropping the weight everyone!

Replies

• chopsticks
    chopsticks Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    glad you're here!! i've never tried atkins so i'm not real familiar with it but good luck to you. I'm not a serious dieter or health nut like some ppl on here (and i don't mean that as a bad thing) my mom is one of those nuts and i just dont have the dedication. I prefer the small changes. But good luck and it's always a great time to feel better about yourself.
  • nicolewarner
    Options
    Hi! Good luck on your weight loss! I only have a scale at work so it is very tempting for me to weigh myself every day. I actually read yesterday that weighing yourself every day can help keep you on track (keeping your goals fresh in your mind), even though what is says may not be accurate- just a thought if it helps you.

I have chosen Wednesdays for my weigh-in days because i often loosen up on my restrictions on the weekend, but do whatever is comfortable for you! Good luck!!!
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Hi Its my 2nd day too...not on atkins though. Although i have heard of people losing quite a lot of weigh on atkins. I am just doing a calorie-controlled healthy eating and more exercise than i usually do!

Im hoping to lose 2 stone/28 lb/13 kilos

My weigh in day is a monday, i dont like the thought of weighing everyday i would worry too much if i hadnt lost anything.

Ive done all my measurements too ie bust, waist, hips, thighs as i would rather lose inches than weight! but ill only be measuring once a month!

Ive got 18 weeks to slim down for a family wedding and ive got money put by for a new outfit so that will hopefully keep me going.

GOOD LUCK
  • TarynLou
    Options
    Hi All,
    I joined myfitnesspal.com last week and I love it!! My boyfriends family and I are doing a "Biggest Loser Contest" and I want to win. I weighed myself on Sunday January 3rd for my weigh in. I weighed myself again on Sunday January 10th and I lost 4.4 pounds. I have been doing a lot of excersize and I am so up for any suggestions that anyone is willing to share!!!!