What are you tricks for cutting down on Calories?

Options
1235»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I also add cayenne or red pepper powder/flakes to my food. :)
  • amrita0286
    Options
    I switched to healthier snacks in between meals, like fruits, rice cakes, jello..

I also try to avoid drinking pop, sugary juices and try to get as much water in a day as I can.
    I also notice when I work out, I'm less likely to feel hungry.. it's weird but true.

Eat as raw as you can, try to avoid anything that's packaged or frozen. I try to cook at home which is much
    lighter in the calories than fast food.
    Soup is low in calories too and really fills me up :)
  • sammybov
    sammybov Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I crave sweet treats I have a bite of whatever it is -bun, chocolate bar, slice, cake, and give the rest to whoever I am with- parents, partner, friends, kids. Works for me!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Drink when you're thirsty and only eat what you really, really want to eat. Meaning don't eat crap when you're bored. Think about what you're putting in your mouth and whether its good food for your body. But if you want beef and broccoli, either get that with brown rice or chicken and broccoli with white rice. You can make small adjustments and still get what you want.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use red wine vinegar and olive oil for salad dressing too :)

Some of my tricks:

No white bread, potatoes, or pasta. For some reason my tummy issues have gotten a lot better since I removed those things from my diet.

Rarely no artificial sweetener. I hate their after taste. Instead I use Raw Turbinado sugar. One packet has 20 calories. I can deal with that.

Lots of fruits :) I love them all. I make my own fruit salad and sometimes I mix it with greek yogurt.

I am learning as I go :) I'm getting better at identifying foods that are low in calories but high in nutritional value :)

Oh one last thing... I carry snacks with me like caramel rice cakes or a 90 calorie bar in case I'm out and about and want to avoid fast foods :)
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When eating out, order your salad dressing on the side and when you eat the salad dip the end of the fork into the salad dressing and then into the salad. never pour the dressing onto the salad. Works for me.

That sounds like a great suggestion, I think I will have to try that one!! thanks :-) I use a pump spray for my olive and safflower cooking oils - you need much less when you pump spray as it coats your pan much better. 1 tsp or less compared to 1-2 tbsp normally.
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump