the new basic cookbook from the silver palate

Options
reneelee
reneelee Posts: 877 Member
I need your help my Daughter wants the fudge sauce recipe from this book, for her birthday dessert. I think it is on page 662.

I wrote down the recipe quickly and this is what I have;

.5 C. WHIPPING CREAM
2C. SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
.5 tsp. VANILLA EXTRACT
DONT KNOW HOW MUCH UNSALTED BUTTER
OR HOW TO MAKE THE SAUCE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Replies

• reneelee
    Options
    Anyone?
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Can't help you out much but I just Googled "silver palate chocolate fudge sauce" and quite a lot of info came up. Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but worth a shot checking what you come up with. One recipe talked about rum....
  • reneelee
    Options
    No the google recipe isn't the one tried it at Christmas and it was grainy and gross. There is a lady that has a blog that made the recipe, but didn't give the recipe in her blog. I goT rid of the book, because I thought I would be able to google anything I wanted. :(
  • reneelee
    Options
    For thoughs who may want this fudge sauce recipe, it is the best I have ever had. Thank you Robin for finding the recipe and taking the time to type it out. You are a life saver!

I have it: 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup heavy or whipped cream place chocolate morsels in the top of a double broiler over simmering water. As the chocolate melts, whisk in the butter and vanilla. Then slowly whisk in the cream. Cook, stirring, until smooth. 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool. As it cools, it will thicken. 2 cups