need lunch idea for around 288 calories

Options
00Angela00
00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
I'm at work right now and have class right directly following so won't be home until about 9pm. I have changed my goals and after plugging in my breakfast and what I brought for dinner I only have about 288 calories left for lunch. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can eat? Our work has a cafeteria with a salad bar if anyone has ideas for a salad that will be very filling for that amount. That's a lot less calories than I'm used to and I'm not going to have a chance today to work out ... Thanks! Attached is my food diary (plan) for today:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/00Angela00

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    i like to have a deli flat from peppridge farm w/ some hummus, carrots, cucumbers, red cabbage, and avocado. it is so yummy and low in calories.
    how about your salad w/ some tuna salad w/ it.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will have a turkey sandwich with mustard on a sandwich thin or a light flatout original (150 calories max for bread and hillshire farm honey roasted turkey- 3 slices) with a cup of campbells select harvest light either southwestern veggie or chicken pasta. (50-60 calories here, <1 g fat) = lunch around 200 calories.

tuna sandwich with just mustard and a side sald with light dressing, (bread 100 cal, tuna 50 cal, salad 20 cal plus dressing. My favorite dressings are Ken's light vidalia onion (60 calories, 4 g fat for 2 tablespoons) fat free kraft thousand island, and Newman's own lighten up honey mustard.

good luck!!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have a big salad with as much lettuce and different veggies as you can. Carrots, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and keep it light on dressing, maybe use just a little oil and some vinegar. Also, if your salad bar has boiled eggs have some of that and eat just the white.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have a turkey sandwich on a sandwich thin and an apple.
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    The biggest salad possible with as little dressing as possible with grilled chicken if possible. If you choose the right dressing the meal should be under 200 calories. Grab an apple as well for afternoon snack and that should take care of the 288 you have available.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hit up the salad bar, just stay away from the croutons and fried crispy things. Add all the veggies you want, and even a sprinkle of cheese and meat if you wish. Get the dressing on the side and dip your fork in it before each bite. You will have plenty for 280 cals!
  • MPH2
    MPH2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tomato soup w/ fresh cilantro and a small salad with bell pepper and cucumbers dressed in lemon vinagrette.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Sandwiches are always good :)

Lettuce, chicken or turkey, tomato if you'd like.