full time work? full time school? your not alone!

Options
im looking for some people that are willing to help motivate me and each other that are full time workers and are full time students...
(a little about me)
I am a manager for a fast-food place and although it is only fast-food, my job isnt easy... there is a lot of stress involved with it...
obviously that doesn’t mix to well with being a full time student as well... i just recently put college aside because i found taking multiple classes and subjects at the same time as working 40+ hour weeks was a little too much... especially on my weight, when i realized that i had gained 25 pounds in just 6 months....

on sept. 4th i will be going to a type of college once more... this time i will be going to a 10 week class for 4 days a week, for a MA(medical assisting) certificate and then again to a 4 week class also 4 days a week for a PT(phlebotomy technician) certificate... the last thing i want to be is an overweight medical personnel... as well as I am tired of being overweight and i need more energy, from which i can get from a good, balanced diet...

Replies

• xXFireFlyyXx
    xXFireFlyyXx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    anyone else in the same boat that might need support?
  • xXFireFlyyXx
    Options
    my only fear is that im alone.... :frown:
  • xXFireFlyyXx
    Options
    :frown:
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't do school any more, but I do work full time and then some... And I live alone, so I manage the rest of life alone. Does that count? :)
  • xXFireFlyyXx
    Options
    im not in school yet so yes!!! i just need someone that kinda knows the stress levels and the situation!
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school now, but when I was in college I took 14 credit hrs a semester and worked anywhere from 35-60 hrs a week as a cocktail server or bartender, so I feel ya.
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! 40-50 hr work weeks, 12 credits, plus trying to exercise an hour a day. It's not been easy! Feel free to add me!
  • JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Full-Time Mother, Wife, Accountant, and Part-Time Undergraduate Student so i understand the constant pressure and responsibilties ... feel free to add me :)
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat... I work Two jobs and go to school, I understand.. I have to get up at 545 am to hit that gym! Im here for you and u are not alone!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I work full-time. I'm not going to school anymore though. It's hard for me to make it to the gym though... I just can't bring myself to wake up at 4:30 to go to the gym before work :-\ ... it's kind of a long commute to work plus I have to drop off/pick up my son from school. so I have to go in the evenings which is annoying because my son is really cranky.