Color Coordinated Closet

Options
sovannac
sovannac Posts: 445 Member
For those of you who like organization and little bit of OCD how do you organize and color coordinate your closets?

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    alphabetical, by season (no season is ever packed away). if something new comes in, something old must go.

2 dressers (one in the closet, one in the bedroom)
    5 drawers for underwear, bras, socks, slips and hosiery, pajamas.
    tanks and sleeveless shirts in one dresser drawer; shorts in another. sweaters in another. workout clothes in the bottom two.

closet
    short sleeve
    black, blue, brown, cream, gray, green, multi-shade, orange, pink, purple, red, raspberry, turquoise, white, yellow
    long sleeve
    black, blue, brown, cream, gray, green, multi-shade, orange, pink, purple, red, raspberry, turquoise, white, yellow
    cardigans/jackets
    skirts
    2 black, 1 blue, 1 brown, 2 multi-shade, 1 white
    capris
    1 brown, 1 jean, 1 white
    pants
    3 black, 2 brown, 2 khaki, 5 jeans (could go before if you called them demin or blue jeans), 1 white
    i have three fabric bins that hold belts, scarves and purses that sits on the top of the shelf.

dresses have their own shelf and again are color-coordinated alphabetically.
    all hangers are the same color for each person. mine are black, hubby's are white, oldest son has blue, youngest son has green.

shoes
    top row, black
    next row, brown
    third row, cream and one pair of silver
    fourth row, multi-shade (blue, green, pink, purple plaid, red)
    bottom/floor row, flip flops and tennis shoes
    boots sit right next to the rack, black, brown and gray.

**my closet is my favorite room in my house and it is smaller than the downstairs half-bath. :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    What?!?!?!?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Woah!! I'm lucky of mine make it onto hangers.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My man card could possibly be revoked if I answered this.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My man card could possibly be revoked if I answered this.

It is suspended 3 days for responding...call the 800 number to reactivate in 72 hrs.
    Thanks,
    Management
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness. I totally organize my closet - whites to darks and within that, short to long sleeve. All the dresses are organized by length, skirts and pants too. My shoes are stored in clear plastic shoe boxes with a picture taped to the outside. Really scary stuff!!!
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    LOL.....so happy I'm not the only one who has a closet "system"! And now that I am learning how to cook, the OCD tendencies are making their way into the food pantry. :)