feelin' bad...venting

Options
i've been doing really well and have slowly but surely lost almost 10 lbs since mid-May. the past couple days i've been eating horribly. it's like i woke up and my self-control vanished. i still work out a lot, but i've kind of been eating crap.

anyone have a good couple or few months and then hit a wall of oh my gosh, i just want to eat some ice cream or drink some beer or whatever?

i know this isn't really "weird" at all, but it's my reality and it sucks right now, i guess!

any pointers for getting over a hump like that?? i'm only 8 away from my goal weight!

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    STOP! In the name of fat, before you break your goal...

Think it ooooo oooo verrr.

:)

We all have bad moments....now...time to get back up on the back of that horse and ride like the hounds of hell are chasing you. You can do it!!! Just think of yourself like Nicolas Cage riding a bad flaming bike and those last few pounds will just melt off. You'll need some veggies and good living to fuel that fire. :)
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    STOP! In the name of fat, before you break your goal...

Think it ooooo oooo verrr.

:)

We all have bad moments....now...time to get back up on the back of that horse and ride like the hounds of hell are chasing you. You can do it!!! Just think of yourself like Nicolas Cage riding a bad flaming bike and those last few pounds will just melt off. You'll need some veggies and good living to fuel that fire. :)

i don't know if this answer can be topped....hahahaa :laugh: love it! i'll have to dance around to your new rendition of stop in the name of love!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing without?I drink beer every week & eat some of my fav's.Let yourself have the things you want ,just in moderation.I would go nuts without my beer and wine!!!!!:drinker:
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    In the meantime, you can dance a bit and burn off that beer. :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Yep. Happens to a lot of people. Part of the ups and down of reaching your goals.

If you haven't relaxed and had a "cheat" day, then relax, enjoy what you want in moderation, then get back to your healthier eating.

Remember, you're still probably not eating that much over your goals. Maybe more like what maintenance calories are.

Tomorrow's a new day. Get back on track then.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    umm you have three options,

one, power through it. Find other option and keep busy. You goal is right there. You can do it.

two or binge, eat as much ice cream, cake or whatever it is you wanted to eat, you can possibly eat after eating an entire english cucumber and 2 cups of broccoli. and enjoy every bite.

three, eat a few bites and enjoy them. Maintain your caloric count and feel good about yourself.

Good luck.
  • Bry8432
    Bry8432 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm with you on that right now. Just trying to get out of this really bad hump.

I have great mfp supporters and it helps.

Keep logging ---- don't quit
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What is food?

Sustenance. That is all.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    The fact that you can still laugh and dance to that tune means you'll be fine.

The doc says it's time for you to finish that beer and then eat some more carrots.

Seriously, I think we've all had those moments. Trust me....I saw my moment staring at me a few days ago and it involved a gluten free brownie drowning in ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate syrup. :)

I fell. I saw. I ate. As they say, "Rome was not built in one day, neither was one's waistline." Basically, falling off for a few days isn't going to destroy all your progress. The goal is still there...now chase it. :)
  • cvthatcher
    Options
    you guys are great :drinker:
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Oh, that's an adorable smiley!!! :)
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Actually it is said that you should take a diet break every 6-12 weeks of adhering to a diet. So, since you've been at this since mid-May, I'd say you are due for a break. This can be one week, but better yet if it's two weeks. Take this time to eat at maintenance levels. You can still do exercise if you wish - but try to keep it lower intensity. Give your body a chance to rest, recover, and regulate your hormones back to pre-caloric deficit ranges. It's a nice mental break as well and you should come out of it feeling revived, refreshed, and ready to kick some butt!
  • wonderlust22
    Options
    I have done that same thing! Some days I just wake up and it's like I completely forgot about my diet until after I ate a huge bowl of peanut butter captain crunch even though I have been on a diet for a month. We just gotta find something to keep us busy. It's even harder when you ARE busy and still want to snack haha.
  • chanixxx
    chanixxx Posts: 64
    Options
    Don't feel TOO bad, I had ice cream for dinner twice, but didn't have any appetite all day. Get some really motivating music in your head and fly your freak flag. You'll feel better instantly!!
  • cvthatcher
    Options
    Actually it is said that you should take a diet break every 6-12 weeks of adhering to a diet. So, since you've been at this since mid-May, I'd say you are due for a break. This can be one week, but better yet if it's two weeks. Take this time to eat at maintenance levels. You can still do exercise if you wish - but try to keep it lower intensity. Give your body a chance to rest, recover, and regulate your hormones back to pre-caloric deficit ranges. It's a nice mental break as well and you should come out of it feeling revived, refreshed, and ready to kick some butt!

i've never heard that, but i can totally understand why. i can't picture myself going 2 weeks of going off my diet, but easing up on exercise may be a plan. and i'm moving back to go to college again, so i'll get in some exercise from that packing, lifting, etc.
  • cvthatcher
    Options
    I'm with you on that right now. Just trying to get out of this really bad hump.

I have great mfp supporters and it helps.

Keep logging ---- don't quit

oh i definitely still log. even tho it can be totally embarrassing after a bad day!

the support here is great!
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    i've never heard that, but i can totally understand why. i can't picture myself going 2 weeks of going off my diet, but easing up on exercise may be a plan. and i'm moving back to go to college again, so i'll get in some exercise from that packing, lifting, etc.

You'd only be eating at maintenance - that's hopefully not *that* much higher than your diet (assuming maintenance is about 2000-2200 cals without a ton of added cardio). If you don't take occasional breaks, you might stall or worse yet, plateau, more often. Honestly - give your hormones a break.