Cellulite...

Options
Is there any way to get rid of it? I eat well, work out about 5 times a week but I have always hadd "jiggly" & "dimpley" thighs. No matter how much I run, do squats, lunges etc I can not seem to get rid of this. Is it just hereditary? I would love to firm up in this area!
I am 5'6 and about 144lbs.

Replies

• Daisy1008
    Daisy1008 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear the responses too
  • masirahmo
    masirahmo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No expert, but I can tell you a few things I've picked up over the years as I suffer from this too. It is unfortunately very much gene related, and those of us who suffer from it are very unlikely to ever get rid of it completely. I have a friend who is very slim but who suffers from it; and another friend who is on a diet but started at 260lbs - and has nothing!
    You're doing all the right things, the only other things I can suggest are :- staying away from caffeine laden products, tea, coffee, red wine etc., as these seem to make it worse. Ironically, using coffee grounds as a body scrub seems to have some good results. Skin brushing can help - use a natural bristle brush with upward strokes towards the heart. Improves circulation and drainage. Any exercise that develops long, lean, flat muscle like Tae Bo also helps the appearanceof cellulite. Never heard of a commercial potion yet that was worth the money, you're better off getting some carrier oil and adding essential oils like grapefruit and massaging in. Most experts agree that it's not so much the product but the massage that gets results.

Good luck!
  • SEishen
    SEishen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I suggest thinking raw, mostly fruits and vegetables. I'm 43, 5'2", 120 lb (started at 150, MFP at 140). I've walked (←that dog) 6-7×/week and cycled 3× week for the past 4 months. Bought Size 4 skinny jeans today. I'm seeing the cellulite melt away every night. Been on diets before with very little success.

The difference has been the food. Fruits & veggies, fruits & veggies, fruits & veggies. And I eat all day long. Minimize processed, maximize raw. My food diary is open. Best wishes!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that cellulite can be helped by strength training; the key being that every single muscle is targeted and strengthened.