New to you

jraem
jraem Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Jessie and I'm working on losing weight for a few reasons. I'd like to be healthier, especially since I tend to take after my Mom, who has recently started experiencing avoidable health issues. I've started to hate the way I look in photos, which stinks because I love photos and photography. And my best friend's wedding is in July, so I'd like to look half-decent for that.

I know part of the problem is that I have been less active since we moved from the middle of nowhere to the city. I used to go outdoors (biking, walking, outdoor work) more, but since we moved to the city, I feel more confined. I also don't have college extracurriculars to fall back on anymore.

So my New Year's resolution this year was to eat healthier, lose some weight, and become more active. Wish me luck!

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    awesome for you! health should always be our primary goal, but unfortunately we tend to fall on appearance! but any motivation to creat healthier habits is good! this site will be very helpful in recording your food and tracking what you put in your mouth. i find myself turning down certain foods just because i don't want to log it! that's rewarding in itself!

good luck and i know you can be successful!
  • NecaG
    NecaG Posts: 1
    Yes, good luck and you can do it....just stay focus and determined most of all. if you can find a partner that you can interact with. I find that, that helps out a lot because those days that you just don't want to do right they are there to encourage you to keep on keeping on and vice versa. But if not you can still do it by yourself. i did it for a year on my own before i got a partner to work out with. Stay encourage!!!!
  • jraem
    jraem Posts: 2
    Thanks for your support! This is great:)
This discussion has been closed.