Hello Everyobody! :P

Options
My name is Grant... 42 years old, Married father of a 4 1/2 year old son.

I live in Southern California.

I've always did the roller coaster thing with the weight but there has always been more uphills than down hills on this ride.

I gained about 120 pounds since getting out the Army in 1991.

My goal is to get 5 pounds lower than my lowest Army weight. (goal: 164 pounds)

I'm down 14 pounds in the last 3 weeks... but am now just starting MFP tomorrow (8-16).

This program seems soooooo much better than loseit with a lot more features. Going out tomorrow to buy my wife and I a Fitbit ultra.

Side note: I love to play and write music on the Piano (especially smooth jazz and latin jazz), Camp with the family in our Travel Trailer and I'd LOVE to go on long hikes once we get in shape. I really look forward to that.

Wish me luck! :)

Replies

• akgal78
    akgal78 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck and way to go already on dropping 14 pounds!! You will do great. add me if you want
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Great choice Grant! I've dropped 12 lb in 3 weeks since I have been here. I love the community here. I always resisted tracking my food before but here it is pretty effortless and has really opened my eyes.

Good luck on your journey! I'm trying to get back into running after I get a little more weight off so I don't kill my knees. Its good to keep non-food related goals!!