what work out works for you?

Options
hello, what kind of workouts do you do? so far im right now i walk with my GF over 60min. i also do some weight trianing. i will soon start on 3h hike. please give me some ideas so it wont get boring. Thanks

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Jogging works for me best. Right now I'm doing C25K.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Right now I do the P90X/Insanity Hybrid.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cycling, it is hard work with the hills around here, but I love the sense of freedom as I cycle down the roads and country lanes and it burns me up to 530 calories an hour. I also sometimes do body weight resistance exercises, elliptical and I walk 5 miles at least most days.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Headphones and audiobooks make my walks never boring! :) I run and do weight training to music instead.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical at the gym(on hill settings!) and go to Zumba classes. I'd like to do c25k and run but I overheat easily(and in Atlanta... It's hot outside all the time) and treadmills make me dizzy after about 10 minutes. So, maybe one day.

Oh, and I do a little weight training. Not as much as I really should.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Starting Strength - heavy compound moves/lifting! I hate cardio and I've seen most of my results simply from weight lifting. Loooove it!
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    TURBO JAMMMM!!!!! I LOVE Chalene! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i have seen good results with my cardio(walking, running, swimming), but now that i am back in school i am also adding in strength training.

i wanna show those boys a pretty girl can lift heavy things too.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    weight lifting - mostly compound movements (squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc) in the 8-12 rep range 3x/week. i like to train heavy and intense and get outta there in under an hour.

run - 5k 3x/week. i also throw in a couple of lite cardio sessions on the weekends.....just get on, go at an easy pace and watch the tv's. it keeps me focused and helps deter me from wanting to eat too many goodies haha

oh and my cheat day is sunday.....where i do nothing but watch movies, have a good meal of whatever i want and a dessert/snack
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to break insulin resistance then youll need to lift weights.

Suggested programs like New Rules of Lifting and Strong lifts 5x5 are fantastic starting programs.
    Starting strength also works well but youll need to buy the book, great read BTW.
    SL 5x5 has a fantastic app for smart phones as well.

Cardio is great for reducing calories but for overall composition changes lift weights!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of of the opinion that ANYTHING is good. considering the time i used to spend on the couch doing NOTHING... ANYTHING is better than NOTHING... and I mix things up... walking, gym-lifting on machines, ellipitical.. I've started swimming, sometimes at gym, sometimes in a near by lake. I walk... I played badminton in honor of the olympics last week. I ride my ebike.. I do some videos.. tom holland total body workout was a favorite and I've taken to modifying it to fit my specific needs. ( I'm actually standing on my hands against a wall again. OYE if I could only balance again!) I do swiss abs ball workout..sometimes hip hop abs..i've been trimming my hedges AND my neighbor's hedges.. I cut the grass....weed the driveway... if you think that's not getting my heartrate up, you're wrong!!! i'm having a terrific time and really love mixing things up.. I don't really have a set goal in mind, only to move. hope y'all are having as much fun...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anything works for me but I enjoy fast walking on the side walk the most. With proper amount food and energy I can go on and on ...
  • manofsteel87
    Options
    thank you all for the advice.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and Zumba.
  • SJP9180
    SJP9180 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love a class. We have pump stomp, which is 45 minutes of step and 45 minutes of body pump. I actually look forward to going! I'm also getting into running.