BOOKS?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. They are very good (if you can relate to it, especially).
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Anne Rice kills me. Talk about long. Loved her books just wanted to condense them somewhat. I've read many Terry Brooks but it's been a while.

I love Anne Rice's books too, but yeah, they're long. :happy: Too bad she didn't have any sequels to The Mummy.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Currently between two books. "Tortured Artists" whose authors escape me, but it's just blurbs about various famous people who had problems that ended up actually improving their work. And "The Asylum For Wayward Victorian Girls" by Emilie Autumn, a part biography, part historical fiction book that talks about her bad past, the time she spent in a psych ward, and what she eventually gained from it and her illness. The fictional story of "Emily (with a "y")" inbetween is more an introduction into the world she creates in her music.
  • Pleasure: The Flood by Margaret Atwood.
    Learnin' : Insurance Underwriting Process
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:

Faith of the Fallen (6th installment of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Brooks)

Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

I read "Historian" it was so long. I liked parts of it, but felt that it didn't really go anywhere.

Historian was one of the few books I seriously contemplated giving up on......I rarely quit on a book but this one tempted me.....it would have been so much more!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 'Ireland - A Novel' by Frank Delaney.....gotta say it's not exactly a knicker gripping read!
  • Stinkytoe
    Options
    *cracks knuckles* Ok! I just went to the book store!
    So, this is my recent stock pile!

Current readings:
    The biggest secret by David Icke (conspiracy/aliens/ect)
    The graveyard book by Neil Gaiman (a rewrite of the Jungle book) Fun fluff reading!

Next In my line up is:
    The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky (classic)
    Good omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet (funny fictional story about the end of the world)
    Wurthering Heights by Emily Bronte (classic)
    The inferno by Dante Alighieri (classic)

It seems I have quite a few classic books this time. :)

Good Omens is one of my favorite books. If you like it I highly recommend The Gates by John Connolly. Though not in the same vein as GO Connolly also wrote The Book of Lost Things. It's beyond excellent and possibly wins my favorite of all time.

Great! Thank you for the suggestion!
  • shortjennifer
    Options
    I am "reading" the third Steig Larsson by audiobook - really good to listen while doing some ironing - so reading and burning a few calories all in one go! Also the second Hilary Mantell "Bring Up the Bodies" - you need to read Wolf Hall first to make good sense of it all, but both are good to read as proper book or listen to and we still have the third book in the trilogy to look forward to.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:

Faith of the Fallen (6th installment of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Brooks)

I read "Historian" it was so long. I liked parts of it, but felt that it didn't really go anywhere.

Historian was one of the few books I seriously contemplated giving up on......I rarely quit on a book but this one tempted me.....it would have been so much more!

Yeah that was me too. But I'm a bit OCD and can't not finish a book.
  • redfroggie
    Options
    Currently reading:

I'm almost done with it. I kinda like it (says the girl who reads Ancient Civilizations textbooks when she's bored :laugh: ). Lots of fillers but it's doing a good job of entertaining me. :smile:

Anne Rice kills me. Talk about long. Loved her books just wanted to condense them somewhat. I've read many Terry Brooks but it's been a while.

I had to quit Anne Rice, too much history. I get lost in it all and as they go on my eyes tend to glaze over and I realize that I don't remember what I just read!
  • kumarprabhat
    Options
    Just picked up "Fifty Shades of Grey..."...
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. They are very good (if you can relate to it, especially).

I love these books!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman and Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    1Q84 - Haruki Murakami
    Grendal Omnibus (vol 1) - Matt Wagner
  • emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    im reading the reckoning by Alma katsu :))

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]7934927.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Secondgoround
    Options
    I'm reading "White Truffles in Winter" by N.M. Kelby.

Food is a central theme...it's historical fiction about the great chef Escoffier. Am I torturing myself?
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    I am currently reading:

Complete Sherlock Holmes
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    Catching Fire
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (again)
    The Prince

I think that is it at present.
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Twilight (again) (as 50 shades of gray was crap - well so i thought anyway)
  • missmatildamoonshine
    Options
    I'm taking a break from the Game of Thrones series (They're epic!) and reading 'We Need To Talk About Kevin'
  • redfroggie
    Options
    I'm taking a break from the Game of Thrones series (They're epic!) and reading 'We Need To Talk About Kevin'

Oh I just finished this 3 days ago. It's so good, I need to see the film now.