• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I drink a pot of black coffee a day. I'm going to be immortal xD

Haha I thought the exact same thing!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My coffee consumption increases the life expectancy of those around me by a significant amount.
  • Kelley247
    Kelley247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There must be some health benefits in coffee other than the stimulation affects it produces. Think I read somewhere that it has a lot of antioxidants in it too. I used to drink about 5 cups a day. Days when I didn’t drink coffee though I felt sick to my stomach, had severe headaches and felt lethargic. Once I’d drink a cup of coffee the headache and nauseous went away. Now I rarely drink coffee, I don’t want to put something in my body that makes me react that way when I don’t have it. Has anyone else had similar experiences drinking coffee?
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If its true I'll live forever and just like the other post so will my co-workers! "My Starbucks cup I fill you up....... Let's have a Party!"
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The everything in moderation rule applies nicely here. The caffeine within a cup of coffee varies depending on how you brew your coffee - a cup of espresso (used as the base for lattes, machiattos etc) is typically less than 80mg, a cup of instant will give you 100mg, whilst a cup of filter coffee will give you 140mg.

Drinking fresh coffee rather than instant typically will lead you to drink less cups of coffee as it's much more satisfying.

With regards to keeping the weight off - black is best.

I've also read some research recently that suggests that having a cup of coffee before you exercise will help you burn more calories as your system is stimulated before you start. So I'll continue to drink my 2 or 3 cups of filter coffee per day!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Headed off to get my Bedtime Coffee Fix. See you Later!!