Hello everyone, i'm new :)

Options
Hello everyone, my name is sarah and i have just joined this site :D

i started off at 15st 10lbs in late june, then did 20 days of the 30 day shred and cut out crappy foods, then had to go away for 10 days so had to start shred again when i got back, am now on day 21 of shred and am down to 14st 12lbs .

have seen people on about this site so thought it might be good because i think i'm not eating as much as i should be when doing a lot of exercise, after the shred i do 15mins of powerhooping then most days 5 miles on my exercise bike.

looking to meet some new supportive friends to keep me going :)

Replies

• cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah! I just joined up too. I love to stay active and be fit and healthy. My bio explains that my main goal isn't really to lose a bunch of weight. I always played a bunch of sports, plus college football, so really I just want to stay in that kind of great shape. When I was 18 I could go for days! Anyways, I'm glad you're on here. Feel free to add me as friend.

My week consists of heavy lifting and lap swimming on MWF (each WO lasts about 45-60 min)
    On T/TR I do some easy yoga to relax and keep myself from being to static.
    I follow paleo principles but find it is really easy for me to focus on low carb because I eat meat like an animal and have always loved fruits and veggies.

Nice to meet you!
  • sarahjakef
    Options
    hey thanks for the reply :)
    sounds like u are very acitve, although i'm not sure what the initials mwf or t/tr mean lol, or what paleo principles is, can u tell i'm a newbie? haha
    nice to meet u 2 !
  • kipperripper
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm new too, the exercise bike is one of my faves but i find that if i do mostly spinning (its called spinning right?lol) my weight lost slows weigh down - which i was disappointed about - i could pedal till my legs give (which is usually the case)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    hi guys, welome, I've been here about 16/17 months, I've still got a bit to go, feel free to add me if you want some support and a bit of silliness too, I'm much better at the second. :)
  • litajoc
    litajoc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sounds like u are very acitve, although i'm not sure what the initials mwf or t/tr mean lol, or what paleo principles is, can u tell i'm a newbie? haha
    nice to meet u 2 !

mwf = Monday, Wednesday, Friday and t/tr is Tuesday, Thursday. Paleo is a type of diet going back to basics. :-) Welcome.
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone! Welcome to MFP. I've been here for a while, and am really enjoying it.

What I would like to say, is that for me, the MFP "routine" isn't a diet - it's just helping me to maintain a healthier lifestyle by keeping a track of what I eat and what exercise I do.

If you can think of MFP in the same way, then it's not a battle...

Good luck, keep with it, and if you need motiviation, there are plenty of people here to help :-)
  • cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nice to meet u 2 !

Hey no problem Sarah! litajoc pretty much summed it up though. Paleo goes to the idea of eating whole unprocessed foods. It focuses on eating plenty of meat, fats, and vegetables/fruits. In a way it's low carb, but that's not the main goal. The main goal is to get back to a point in your diet that is most natural with your DNA. Eating processed foods with refined sugars never existed millions of years ago. Hope that helps!