Insomnia!! Is this some weird side effect?

Options
Omw this is getting to much for me now, I am either falling asleep at 8pm or staying up all night. At the moment its 3.42 am, I have to leave for work at 6am &am showing no notion of sleeping. Haven't even went to bed as I am just not tired. Is anyone else effected like this? I don't know what is causing this.

Replies

• donna_do_good
    Options
    Omw this is getting to much for me now, I am either falling asleep at 8pm or staying up all night. At the moment its 3.42 am, I have to leave for work at 6am &am showing no notion of sleeping. Haven't even went to bed as I am just not tired. Is anyone else effected like this? I don't know what is causing this.

are you all sleepimg or is this to dumb or boring to reply to :yawn: <<<<<, this is little old me right now
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ketosis cures my insomnia.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks on my ipod when I wake up in the middle of the night. I nearly always fall back to sleep. Listening to a book keeps my mind from racing about work and it soothes me back to sleep. I just to have to note what the time on the book was because I will surely have to go back and play it again when I'm awake.
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    I've totally noticed this too! Literally can't sleep for hours when I go to bed, and i'm usually absolutely knackered as well!

It used to help to wack out the hot chocolate, too bad I can't do that any more...stupid calorie limits...stupid mfp :grumble:
  • PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks on my ipod when I wake up in the middle of the night. I nearly always fall back to sleep. Listening to a book keeps my mind from racing about work and it soothes me back to sleep. I just to have to note what the time on the book was because I will surely have to go back and play it again when I'm awake.

I do this too! Audio books are great for dropping off to sleep. My friend was teasing me though because the only other person that they know who listens to audio books is their Nan, LOL! ....that's just the way I roll! :smokin:
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I also couldn't sleep last night. I figured it was the weather. And possibly my body telling me it's fed up of the 30 day shred!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I searched "insomnia" and this is the most recent thread that came up.

I've been on/active with MFP for 10 days. At least half of those nights I've either gotten wrong-hour sleep or darn little sleep...*and* I'm on sleep meds...so it has to be the body. Considering my sleep meds are rather hard-core, especially if you don't eat two hours or more before taking them...they can knock me on my butt, but not as of late.

I hope everyone was eventually able to get sleep. Obviously, this is where I should be asking, "Are you sure you aren't getting *any* caffiene less than five hours before bed?" Make sure not to eat or drink anything at least two hours before bed...blah blah blah, I'm just repeating what I've heard from my docs for ages.

Oh hey, "How the Universe Works" is on the Science channel...that normally knocks me right out...nice and relaxing. The only downside, an uncomfortable couch to sleep on. Ah well, at least a couple hour nap would do some good.

I hope we all figure this insomnia thing out.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    What time do you exercise? If it's late in the afternoon or evening, that could be your problem. Try adjusting your schedule. Also, if your are staring at a TV or computer monitor just before bed, the light can trick your body into thinking it's earlier than it is. Starting at around 5 or 6 start gradually reducing the lights in your home until bedtime. Try not to watch TV or use the computer in the last hour.

Also, depending on your age, you may be in PERI-Menopause.

Anyway, I'm no doc, but those are a few things I've read. Hope you figure it out. Lack of sleep is not conducive to weight-loss.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Also be careful with multivitamins! Holy cow, I took one in the evening once, and was awake ALL NIGHT. Silly B vitamins keeping me awake.

But all that aside, there must have been something about the world making it hard for everyone to sleep, because I've seen tons of people complaining they couldn't sleep last night.
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I have a similar problem, although I can get to sleep quite quickly - just wake up at 0300 hours and then cant sleep - I have to get up a 0600 hours also! Very annoying & tiring!
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If there is a lot on your mind .... even way in the background, it can affect sleep.

excelatlife.com have good audios to listen to that, even if they dont help with the worries, will most likely lull you to sleep.