Ever consider diet supplements to make this go faster?

Options
I am losing weight slowly which is good I guess, but wonder if anyone has thought of using supplements as a way to make this weight loss journey speed up? I have heard of Xyngular and although it is supposed to be a lot of nutrients, it has a ton of caffeine and some other things in it that are supposed to be banned by the military. Some of the folks on that website have done so well so fast. Makes me wonder if going the slow old fashioned way is the only way?

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I've taken supplements in the past, (Stacker XPLC & Zantrax & Hydroxycut Maxx) and I honestly couldn't see a difference in weight loss. The only thing I noticed different was that my I'd get all hot and stuff from doing normal activities.

I think the old fashion way is best, but that's just me. :)
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try Slimquick caffeine free. It desn't give you the jitters but does give you lots of energy.
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just want to lose weight and have it gone forever. So I know I need to make a lifestyle change. It just gets so depressing to see these people on these weight loss pills and seem to drop weight hourly! But then you never really know what happens once they stop using them too.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I really believe that if there were a supplement that honestly worked the way many of them are advertised, we'd all have doctors writing prescriptions or recommending them. I'm not saying doctors know everything, but with weight being one of the primary health issues right now, you'd think they'd know if there was a better way than the old fashion "eat better, get more exercise" lifestyle.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I tried several years ago and nothing worked as well as what I am doing right now.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Don't buy into the marketing hype. For me, it's a lifestyle change not a race. I'm looking to change my relationship with food for the long run. Supplements and fad diets were only temporary fixes for me, then I put the weight back on plus more without addressing the core issue. Chances are you didn't put the weight on in a hurry so don't rush to take it off. Make the changes necessary, follow the MFP program and live long and healthy as a result.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every tablets that claim to work, will have printed somewhere on them, that they work as part of a calorie controlled diet.

So why bother with them.

I've never seen anything to convince me that a tablet is going to actively assist with weight loss I'm afraid.

Slow and steady will definitely win the day in the battle against permanent weight loss.

Keep up the good work, and in a few weeks the pounds will be adding up.
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought the Acai berry ones and they are useless - haven't done anything for me but they do give me more energy I suppose I am continuing to take them though until the bottle is finished as I have paid for them so I might as well finish them off
  • mcnuss911
    mcnuss911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been taking raspberry ketones and has worked. My friend was stuck in a rut and she has been taking raspberry ketones and 7-keto and her weight is coming off really well
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! I think slow and steady will just have to do !! Have a great day everyone.
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use ViSalus stuff. It helps - It is NOT a solution. The main goal is to make the permanent changes that will last. I have trouble eating enough (post gastric bypass) so the shakes help with that. And, they taste yummy. I am very picky about that. You can call me a food snob :)

I have a ton of free sample stuff. If you ever just want to see what it is, message me and I will send them your way.
  • caring4cath
    caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ty for the wise words and encouragment
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, the research behind supplements isn't very convincing for most supplements.

Things like CLA have some positive research, green tea itself has positive research (but green tea pills don't), etc.

If you want to take a supplement, you can research the ingredients of the supplements (as they are usually all the same with slight variations) and see what might be useful. Then you can usually buy the individual ingredients that show promising research at a fraction of the cost.