Strategy for Social Events

Options
I have social events 2 nights in a row. One with a bunch of classmates which will no doubt involve lots of pupus (hawaii slang for appetizers) and alcohal. My preference is red wine. I don't want to drink on an empty stomach but i want to save some calories too. Any recommended pre-party foods that won't run up my numbers? Oh, and can I exercise in the morning to increase my calorie allowance?

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    Just mingle, have fun, you don't even have to eat or drink anything. Your friends will understand.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would fill up ahead of time with some veggies and low fat dip. Allow yourself to have the odd appy and nurse a glass of wine through the night.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I like to go for a long run before events like these to give myself some margin for error. I think that actually works out pretty well.

I read an article one time that said people eat less at social events if they wear tight pants. YMMV.
  • jonimiki
    Options
    :smile: Thank you all for your great advice!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think exercise in the morning is a good idea, maybe do a little extra than what you usually do.
    I'd maybe have a large breakfast small lunch and medium dinner. Maybe have your dinner an hour before you go out so you are still full. Plan your day so you can add in the calories from the wine and snacks. Don't worry if you go a little bit over it's not like you will be doing it every day. Have fun.