Heart Rate Monitors (INSANITY)

Options
Im looking to get a heart rate monitor for my INSANITY workouts; Any suggestions? I know nothing about them :sad:
BTW, Feel free to send me a request. Im NEW to the web version of this application :glasses:

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Look into the Polar range.

Heard nothing but good reviews about them so went onto eBay found one from a persons shop (£10 less than the actual website with next day delivery) and I LOVE it.

It's the Pink FT4 Polar HRM.

Literally is my new best friend that goes EVERYWHERE with me.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Polar is awesome. Did my research as well and they are some of the best most accurate HRMs. I have the polar FT7 it's pretty awesome I do all of my workouts with it.

I got mine from
    www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
    way cheaper than the Polar site.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Any of the polars are great. You don't need the calorie calc on it so feel free to go for a cheap one. The following site will do the basic calculation of average heart rate to cals or let you calculate your vo2 max and use it in the calculation if you want more accuracy:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
  • LiamGTR
    LiamGTR Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Depends, do you want it to record your HR or just give you a live result on a display?

If the 2nd option, you can pick up cheap Nike watches and HR monitor straps, but that only gives you a live reading to the wrist watch, it doesn't record anything. It also does time/date/split times etc.

So it depends what you want out of it.
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey, i just bought one for my impending workouts, i researched on here and generally on the web and ended up going for the Polar FT7 from Amazon as it was a reasonable price.

Its very good.

According to a few threads on MFP as well as articles I found suggest that they are about 30% out on accuracy if your using the calorie counter on it.

In which case maybe the website linked above is a better way to work that out...
  • starlikedolly
    starlikedolly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Look into the Polar range.

Heard nothing but good reviews about them so went onto eBay found one from a persons shop (£10 less than the actual website with next day delivery) and I LOVE it.

It's the Pink FT4 Polar HRM.

Literally is my new best friend that goes EVERYWHERE with me.

Same here! I love mine! The colour definitely helps :)
  • marie0108
    marie0108 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have the FT4 and apparently the calorie counter is way off. any suggestions for HRMs which are more accurate in their measuring? because you can never know how accurate calculators on websites are either, right? thanks :)