Waaah! Period Bloat Grumblethread

Options
So I got up this morning and my belly has swollen up to the size it was a month ago overnight!
Know exactly why it is, and I know that it'll go down again in a few days. Also that I'll weigh tomorrow and be the same or slightly more than last week, then two week's worth will magically drop off next week, but still pouting a bit this morning.

Anyone else want to have a gripe about the same?

Replies

• Assassins_Angel
    Options
    That sucks! I have to admit until I started using MFP I never really noticed if I got bloated during those few days but now I'm more aware of my body I have noticed that I get a little bloated and I feel really frumpy and gross lol, but it's normally gone once it's finished :).
  • jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine is due at the weekend and im sick of craving junk for a week b4, every month :( being a man must be soooo easy!!! LOL :laugh:
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm sooo bloated. I told my husband I look pregnant lol.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    < insert additional b!tching, moaning, griping, and general annoyance at being a girl here >
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I have to admit until I started using MFP I never really noticed if I got bloated during those few days but now I'm more aware of my body I have noticed that I get a little bloated and I feel really frumpy and gross lol, but it's normally gone once it's finished :).

I came to the same realization last night. I never really noticed when I was PMSing before I started losing weight. Now I'm miserable and feel disgusting for a few days. I can also tell just by my measurements - my chest and tummy measurements always go up a little lol.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    this year in mrch i came off the depo so previously i didn,t have a TOM for near on the 20 years i was on it , but there was always one week in the 4 that my weight went up . now 5 months after i still havn,t had a proper TOM but my god im lucky if i get 1 week out of the month without my boobs feeling like melons and they hurt soo much i know its all my hormones trying to sort themselves out but i wish it would hurry up lmao so i record my weight on the good weeks as there is sometimes upto 3lb heavier .

who,d be a woman hey :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm late, the scales know this, they've given me 5lbs back this morning :angry:
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    At least you know when it's coming! Some months I have 3 some months none. All the joys of the implant!! I feel awful for a few days then bam and I realise why I've been feeling awful! Unpredictable is the worst, I weight 4lbs heavier and I hate myself without knowing the reason why until I come on! xx
  • jcraig1980
    Options
    I grumble with you. Feeling yucky today and can't wait to loose the bloat!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I just don't weigh or measure myself right before, during and right after TOM. Too depressing.

I just make sure I don't go overboard on the eating junk and then weigh myself a week later instead.
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    Argh, couldn't agree more! Stomach cramps just make me feel like I want to do nothing and then I feel even worse for doing nothing! Grumble grumble grumble, hmpf!
  • kathrynangelabaird
    Options
    Deffo feeling this today!
    Weighted myself yest and was 5 poudsn heavier and bloated and TOM started today and I'm soo grouchy and wanting choc and the bloating to go away! haha.

what we women have to suffer through is not fair some days! lol x
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Thinking about it, though, it's good that it's the reason my clothes look a bit tight rather than my EXCUSE for my clothes being too tight!
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    Yea I gave up the fact I will never lose wt on those weeks b/c its just too much water weight and the sugar monsters are always after me. Not to mention I suffer from migraines so if I don't cave I'm in for it. Just plan on the salty/sweet thing and make it in a controlled setting. Maintaining wt on those weeks are an awesome feat to me, and the blah's will just make you feel worse about your bloating if you keep staring. Put on your loser fitting jeans and realize its hard to beat biology and thats what makes you BEAUTIFUL. Yes you feel crappy, but you feel much better once its here and runs it course. Then kick some butt!
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I always put on at least 5 pounds with my period. Blergh...it's coming next week.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I went through the whole thing too earlier this week. On Monday night I was so bloated that I looked pregnant too! I'd put on 6lbs and water weight, was craving everything in sight, especially bread and candy, and I couldn't resist. FUN TIMES!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Feeling fat and ugly due to hormones and having the bloat on top makes me want to cry ALL THE TEARS.
  • kindleworm
    Options
    hi have u tried water balance u take 2 morning and night and they really help to keep u not to bloat they r great x
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    welcome to your body's natural ebb and flow.

It takes about 4-6 months to really comprehend it and know how natural it is.

In the meantime you can pretend its all a dramatic insane unpredictable source of discouragement, but that seems like a waste of energy.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother getting on the scale. Whatever the scale shows will be ugly and not true. No sense tormenting myself while I'm already feeling like a trainwreck.