Heart Rate Monitor w/ Strap *kitten* or whatever

Options
Ok im so confused about this.

Does your HRM need a strap thingi that goes around ur chest or whatever?

Where would i get a good one? Links please

HELP MEEE :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Options
    If you're talking about the Polar range then yeah most probably.

Mine came with one in the set, if not check out on the main website in the Accessories category or eBay?

(just make sure its all compatible)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have the EPULSE 2 HRM & love it check it out!
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about the Polar range then yeah most probably.

Mine came with one in the set, if not check out on the main website in the Accessories category or eBay?

(just make sure its all compatible)

ive been checking for a week and im so pissed off that im about to break my monitor LOL

It dosent say if it has a stupid strap or not blah im so lost :'(
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think you have to have the strap to get an accurate heart rate. Unless you have something that sits right on your pulse on your wrist. But I would go for the chest strap. Mine arrives tomorrow!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Yes.. get one with a strap.. otherwise you have to continuously take your own heart rate with your fingers throughout your workout and that's never going to be as accurate. I tried one without once.. just slowed me down and was distracting.

Mine is a New Balance 4 and I got it at Target for $79. Love it.
  • nothing1994
    Options
    I think you have to have the strap to get an accurate heart rate. Unless you have something that sits right on your pulse on your wrist. But I would go for the chest strap. Mine arrives tomorrow!

Link for yours? PLEASEEE
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Yes.. get one with a strap.. otherwise you have to continuously take your own heart rate with your fingers throughout your workout and that's never going to be as accurate. I tried one without once.. just slowed me down and was distracting.

Hmmmm... theres only like one target where i live, ima go check it out later today, thank youu
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar ft7. It has the strap and the watch. I got it at Best Buy. Paid $100 which is higher than all of my MFP friends have paid. most of them got theirs for around $85 but I was impatient and didn't want to order online. Went directly to the store to get mine. Love it and would highly recommend it.
  • Jessamyfrm
    Options
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220874433965?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This is where I got mine from, cheaper than the actual website and includes packaging, strap, watch and instructions :)
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    When I was doing research I found that the most accurate are the ones with straps. I believe all the Polar models come with straps and they are suppose to be some of the best. I know on www.toptenreviews.com three polar models made the top ten Polar RS100 FT4 and FT7.

I got my Ft7 for around $60
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT7?s=g&kw=polar+ft7+exact&gclid=COzNq5efvqwCFcvJKgodkDyDpg

and

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ft7-series.html

I use a Polar FT60 and love it... There are lots a people on this site using Polar brand HRM.... The FT60 has a few more bells and whistle but the FT4 and/or FT7 are both really great too. All come with the chest strap..... Best of Luck....
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Hmmmm... theres only like one target where i live, ima go check it out later today, thank youu

I have a Polar FT4, you can get them around that same price on Amazon & it comes with the strap. Polar tends to be one of the brands people seem to find most reliable...
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I see you're in Canada. Check out the Polar RS 100 at Sport Check. It's 50% off this week (70$) at Sports Experts which is the Quebec pendant of Sport Check.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Lord, I was so confused when I went looking for mine! The package mine came in showed the watch and transmitter on the outside. Inside the chest strap was located. You need all three. I had to read the box carefully to find out what it "comes with", which it lists.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Just stop fretting and go buy a Polar FT4.

Great balance between features and price.

Reliable well known brand.

Easy to set up, has a chest strap, as accurate as a non-medical equipment HRM can be.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    ok i have a question what part of the chest does that strap go across?
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ok i have a question what part of the chest does that strap go across?

You wanna put it around your chest about where the strap on your sports bra would be. I have mine as directly under my breasts as I can get it without any chafing, and then the strap of my sports bra goes right underneath it.
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Ok for Polar...

whats up with all these different kinds? omg wtfff

LOL IM SORRY IM JUST SO IRRITATED ATM
  • malindaja
    Options
    hey where are you suppose to wear this strap?
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Chest strap worn like so:
    NTL17011_feature4.jpg